Sanford-Brown College-Boston (Closed 2014)
- At Gibbs College - Boston you can turn your talent into an exciting career. You will find small classes with focused attention, instruction from professionals in the field, financial aid programs and career support and schedules that fit your work and life.
|Sanford-Brown College-Boston||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,600||$35,500|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||97%||82%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$21,821||$10,225|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$9,500||$4,500|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gibbs College-Boston offers business administration training leading to an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business Administration, as well as other disciplines. Our curriculum and staff educates and trains students to enter the workforce with skills and understanding in financial services, such as investment fundamentals and portfolio management. Besides business administration studies, Gibbs College also offers classes leading to an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Visual Communications and Office Administration. The Gibbs College offers career-focuse specialized degree programs in fields of business administration, computers, and graphic design. Gibbs College - Boston can support you in doing what you've always dreamed of in business, finance, technology, graphic arts, and media. Gibbs College is part of the Career Education Corporation network.
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown College-Boston is Bay State College (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,108 students | 0.10 Mi122 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston,  MA  02116
- 810 students | 0.60 Mi178 Tremont St 7th Fl
Boston,  MA  02111
- 474 students | 0.90 Mi215 First St
Cambridge,  MA  02142
- 841 students | 1.00 Mi10 High St Ste 204
Boston,  MA  02110
- 14,253 students | 1.70 Mi250 New Rutherford Ave
Charlestown,  MA  02129
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.