San Joaquin Valley College
- San Joaquin Valley College - Careers start here. Better opportunities and increased financial stability could be just around the corner. Get the skills needed in today's competitive job market with accelerated programs in medical, technical, and business fields.
- Founded in 1977, SJVC is an accredited private junior college with campuses located throughout California - including an Online division - offering a balance of classroom instruction and hands-on training to meet your needs.
- FINANCIAL AID: Financial aid is available to qualified students in the form of federal grants, loans, work-study, scholarships and institutional payment plans.
- ACCREDITATION: San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: www.accjc.org. San Joaquin Valley College is a private institution and is approved to operate as an accredited institution in the state of California by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). BPPE physical address: 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95833; mailing address: P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818; phone (916) 431-6959; toll free (888) 370-7589; fax (916) 263-1897; website: www.bppe.ca.gov
- The teacher population of 90 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|San Joaquin Valley College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||90 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,608 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,608 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$34,600|
- San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates. Founded in 1977, SJVC has 15 campuses across California, offering more than 20 accelerated Associate of Science degree programs in business, medical and technical fields. Students benefit from a balance of class-room instruction and real-world experience, learning the skills they need to go straight to work in today's competitive job market. San Joaquin Valley College offers degree and certificate programs in business, medical and technical fields. We are committed to providing the best of both general and vocational education. With a core of general education courses alongside specialized career training, SJVC enables graduates to receive their Associate of Science degree in addition to any career specific certifications and licensure preparedness. The Visalia Campus, founded in 1977, was the first of seven San Joaquin Valley College campuses. Located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley, the campus serves students and employers in all neighboring communities between Fresno and Bakersfield. San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for community and junior colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to San Joaquin Valley College is San Joaquin Valley College-Online (2.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 953 students | 2.00 Mi801 S. Akers St
Visalia,  CA  93277
- 10,647 students | 3.90 Mi915 S. Mooney Blvd
Visalia,  CA  93277
- 14,633 students | 19.70 Mi995 N Reed Ave
Reedley,  CA  93654
- 3,976 students | 24.40 Mi555 College Avenue
Lemoore,  CA  93245
- 3,853 students | 28.30 Mi100 E College Ave
Porterville,  CA  93257