Rich Mountain Community College
- Rich Mountain Community College is a two-year college offering transferrable general education degrees and a variety of workforce job readiness certificates. RMCC is a learning-centered institution of higher education, committed to the proposition that the educational attainment of individuals within a democratic society is, in large measure, responsible for the advancement of that society.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has grown by 50% over five years.
|Rich Mountain Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||60 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||930 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||353 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||577 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.26||0.47|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$28,600|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Math Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Rich Mountain Video Team, RMCC Actors' Guild, Science Club, Student Ambassadors Program, Student Government Association, Voices of the Ouachita's Math Club, Science Club, Phi Theta Kappa,|
Rich Mountain Video Team,
RMCC Actors' Guild,
Student Ambassadors Program,
Student Government Association,
Voices of the Ouachita's,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rich Mountain Community College offers two transferrable degrees, Associate of Arts and Associate of General Studies. An Associate of Applied Science Advanced Manufacturing degree can be obtained in one of five emphasis areas: Mechanical Engineering (transferrable), Electrical Engineering (transferrable), Welding, Machine Tool Technology, and Electromechancial Technology. Along with these RMCC offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in four workforce areas: Business Administration, Information Systems Technology, Office Technology, and Registered Nursing. Other workforce certificates offered include: Welding, Culinary Arts, Health Information Systems, Cosmetology, Machine Tool, Electromechanical, Licensed Practical Nursing, Emergency Medical Technology, and Certified Nursing Assistant.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,611 students | 29.50 Mi183 College Drive
De Queen,  AR  71832
- 2,241 students | 39.00 Mi1507 S McKenna
Poteau,  OK  74953
- 6,830 students | 55.50 Mi5210 Grand Ave
Fort Smith,  AR  72913
- 3,001 students | 62.90 Mi101 College Dr
Hot Springs National Park,  AR  71913
- 1,673 students | 66.70 Mi1301 W Main St
Wilburton,  OK  74578
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.