Rich Mountain Community College
Rich Mountain Community College Photo #2 - RMCC Ambassadors are always available to help other students find their way around campus!
Rich Mountain Community College Photo #3 - Students enjoy a spacious front lawn to gather for study or fun.
Rich Mountain Community College Photo #4 - Students enjoy a large student union with a Grill for when hungry strikes!
- Rich Mountain Community College is a two-year college offering transferrable general education degrees and a variety of workforce job readiness certificates. RMCC is a learning-centered institution of higher education, committed to the proposition that the educational attainment of individuals within a democratic society is, in large measure, responsible for the advancement of that society.
Top Placements (Arkansas)
Listed among the top community colleges in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has grown by 50% over five years.
|Rich Mountain Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||60 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||930 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||353 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||577 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$28,600|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Rich Mountain Video Team, Science Club, Student Ambassadors Program, Student Government Association
Arts and Music Programs:
RMCC Actors' Guild, Voices of the Ouachita's
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rich Mountain Community College offers two transferrable degrees, Associate of Arts and Associate of General Studies. An Associate of Applied Science Advanced Manufacturing degree can be obtained in one of five emphasis areas: Mechanical Engineering (transferrable), Electrical Engineering (transferrable), Welding, Machine Tool Technology, and Electromechancial Technology. Along with these RMCC offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in four workforce areas: Business Administration, Information Systems Technology, Office Technology, and Registered Nursing. Other workforce certificates offered include: Welding, Culinary Arts, Health Information Systems, Cosmetology, Machine Tool, Electromechanical, Licensed Practical Nursing, Emergency Medical Technology, and Certified Nursing Assistant.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Rich Mountain Community College is Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas (29.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,611 students | 29.50 Mi183 College Drive
De Queen,  AR  71832
- 2,241 students | 39.00 Mi1507 S McKenna
Poteau,  OK  74953
- 6,830 students | 55.50 Mi5210 Grand Ave
Fort Smith,  AR  72913
- 3,001 students | 62.90 Mi101 College Dr
Hot Springs National Park,  AR  71913
- 1,673 students | 66.70 Mi1301 W Main St
Wilburton,  OK  74578
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.