Rich Mountain Community College
Rich Mountain Community College Photo #3 - Students enjoy a spacious front lawn to gather for study or fun.
Rich Mountain Community College Photo #4 - Students enjoy a large student union with a Grill for when hungry strikes!
- Rich Mountain Community College is a two-year college offering transferrable general education degrees and a variety of workforce job readiness certificates. RMCC is a learning-centered institution of higher education, committed to the proposition that the educational attainment of individuals within a democratic society is, in large measure, responsible for the advancement of that society.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rich Mountain Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||60 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||930 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||353 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||577 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$28,600|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Rich Mountain Video Team, Science Club, Student Ambassadors Program, Student Government Association
Arts and Music Programs:
RMCC Actors' Guild, Voices of the Ouachita's
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rich Mountain Community College offers two transferrable degrees, Associate of Arts and Associate of General Studies. An Associate of Applied Science Advanced Manufacturing degree can be obtained in one of five emphasis areas: Mechanical Engineering (transferrable), Electrical Engineering (transferrable), Welding, Machine Tool Technology, and Electromechancial Technology. Along with these RMCC offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in four workforce areas: Business Administration, Information Systems Technology, Office Technology, and Registered Nursing. Other workforce certificates offered include: Welding, Culinary Arts, Health Information Systems, Cosmetology, Machine Tool, Electromechanical, Licensed Practical Nursing, Emergency Medical Technology, and Certified Nursing Assistant.
- The nearest community college to Rich Mountain Community College is Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas (38.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,611 students | 38.70 Mi183 College Drive
De Queen,  AR  71832
(870) 584-4471 38.701,611
- 2,241 students | 39.00 Mi1507 S McKenna
Poteau,  OK  74953
(918) 647-1200 39.002,241
- 6,830 students | 55.50 Mi5210 Grand Ave
Fort Smith,  AR  72913
(479) 788-7000 55.506,830
- 3,001 students | 62.80 Mi101 College Dr
Hot Springs National Park,  AR  71913
(501) 760-4222 62.803,001
- 1,673 students | 66.90 Mi1301 W Main St
Wilburton,  OK  74578
(918) 465-2361 66.901,673
Even more midnight classes are launching at community college campuses across the country this year, in hopes of working around the demanding schedules of their students.
Short-Term Commitment – Long-Term Benefits: Three Study-Abroad Options for Community College Students
While study abroad has long been considered an option only for students at four-year colleges and universities, there are actually many options for community college students who would like to experience studying in another country.
What is the latest on four-year degree programs at community colleges? We look at some of the states entering into this relatively new frontier, and why some are having a tough time selling the idea.