Rasmussen College-North Dakota
- Aakers College is a private 4-year and 2-year granting College with campuses in Bismarck and Fargo, North Dakota. Aakers College offers day, evening, and online programs. Aakers College is part of the Rasmussen College, Inc. system.
The teacher population of 60 teachers has grown by 36% over five years.
|Rasmussen College-North Dakota||(ND) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||60 staff||99 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Aakers College is dedicated to serving our communities by recognizing the diverse needs of individuals. We encourage personal and professional development through respect, appreciation, and a commitment to general education as a foundation for life-long learning. As an institution of higher learning, the College is committed to preparing students to be active, productive and successful contributors to a global community. Aakers College was founded in Fargo, North Dakota, in 1902 by Mr. & Mrs. H. H. Aaker. Due to the specialized course offerings and individualized attention at Aakers, the College quickly gained success and strong student enrollment. In 1905, a second campus location opened in Grand Forks, North Dakota. The Aaker's family chose to focus their attention on the Grand Forks location in 1912 and sold the Fargo Campus to another college system. Programs offered at Aakers includes Accounting, Banking & Finance, Business Management, Sales & Marketing, Travel Business Management, Executive Administrative Assistant, Legal Office Specialist, and Medical Office Specialist. Aakers College strives to provide life-long learning skills and values to its students. As such, many graduates elect to pursue additional education, certifications, and degrees after completing an Aakers program. Our specialty is career training designed to provide you with maximum job placement potential in a short amount of time. Taking an online program from Aakers College is a great way to broaden your career opportunities without sacrificing time for your family, job or activities. Online classes allow you to do your coursework when it's most convenient for you, in a time that is flexible to accommodate your other responsibilities. Programs offered includes Online Accounting Program, Online Allied Health Programs, Online Business Management Programs and Online Crime Management Program. Aakers College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and is operating by authorization of the North Dakota State Board for Vocational and Technical Education.
The nearest community college to Rasmussen College-North Dakota is North Dakota State College of Science (41.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,977 students | 41.50 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton, ND 58076
(701) 671-2403 41.502,977
- n/a students | 48.00 Mi900 hwy 34 e
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
(218) 846-7444 48.00n/a
- 6,222 students | 52.70 Mi1414 College Way
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
(877) 450-3322 52.706,222
- 3,896 students | 90.80 Mi1101 Hwy One East
Thief River Falls, MN 56701
(218) 793-2800 90.803,896
- 3,640 students | 97.50 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 762-0221 97.503,640
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.