Rasmussen College-North Dakota
- Aakers College is a private 4-year and 2-year granting College with campuses in Bismarck and Fargo, North Dakota. Aakers College offers day, evening, and online programs. Aakers College is part of the Rasmussen College, Inc. system.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 36% over five years.
|Rasmussen College-North Dakota||(ND) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||23 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||793 students||965 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||21:1|
|# Full-Time Students||426 students||530 students|
|# Part-Time Students||367 students||435 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,100||$38,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Aakers College is dedicated to serving our communities by recognizing the diverse needs of individuals. We encourage personal and professional development through respect, appreciation, and a commitment to general education as a foundation for life-long learning. As an institution of higher learning, the College is committed to preparing students to be active, productive and successful contributors to a global community. Aakers College was founded in Fargo, North Dakota, in 1902 by Mr. & Mrs. H. H. Aaker. Due to the specialized course offerings and individualized attention at Aakers, the College quickly gained success and strong student enrollment. In 1905, a second campus location opened in Grand Forks, North Dakota. The Aaker's family chose to focus their attention on the Grand Forks location in 1912 and sold the Fargo Campus to another college system. Programs offered at Aakers includes Accounting, Banking & Finance, Business Management, Sales & Marketing, Travel Business Management, Executive Administrative Assistant, Legal Office Specialist, and Medical Office Specialist. Aakers College strives to provide life-long learning skills and values to its students. As such, many graduates elect to pursue additional education, certifications, and degrees after completing an Aakers program. Our specialty is career training designed to provide you with maximum job placement potential in a short amount of time. Taking an online program from Aakers College is a great way to broaden your career opportunities without sacrificing time for your family, job or activities. Online classes allow you to do your coursework when it's most convenient for you, in a time that is flexible to accommodate your other responsibilities. Programs offered includes Online Accounting Program, Online Allied Health Programs, Online Business Management Programs and Online Crime Management Program. Aakers College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and is operating by authorization of the North Dakota State Board for Vocational and Technical Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,033 students | 41.60 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
- n/a students | 48.00 Mi900 hwy 34 e
Detroit Lakes,  MN  56501
- 7,216 students | 52.70 Mi1414 College Way
Fergus Falls,  MN  56537
- 4,824 students | 93.60 Mi1101 Hwy One East
Thief River Falls,  MN  56701
- 3,928 students | 97.50 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria,  MN  56308
May 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
May 10, 2018
We’ll explore various degree programs for shy individuals who prefer to work independently, rather than in a team environment.
May 10, 2018
With more community colleges offering bachelor's degrees, the choices in getting a BA or BS are growing quickly. Learn about new bachelor's degrees you can obtain at community colleges, ranging from nursing to electrical engineering and every subject in between.