Rasmussen College-North Dakota
Tel: (701) 277-3889
- Aakers College is a private 4-year and 2-year granting College with campuses in Bismarck and Fargo, North Dakota. Aakers College offers day, evening, and online programs. Aakers College is part of the Rasmussen College, Inc. system.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rasmussen College-North Dakota||(ND) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||23 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||793 students||1,857 students|
|# Full-Time Students||426 students||530 students|
|# Part-Time Students||367 students||1,327 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,100||$38,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Aakers College is dedicated to serving our communities by recognizing the diverse needs of individuals. We encourage personal and professional development through respect, appreciation, and a commitment to general education as a foundation for life-long learning. As an institution of higher learning, the College is committed to preparing students to be active, productive and successful contributors to a global community. Aakers College was founded in Fargo, North Dakota, in 1902 by Mr. & Mrs. H. H. Aaker. Due to the specialized course offerings and individualized attention at Aakers, the College quickly gained success and strong student enrollment. In 1905, a second campus location opened in Grand Forks, North Dakota. The Aaker's family chose to focus their attention on the Grand Forks location in 1912 and sold the Fargo Campus to another college system. Programs offered at Aakers includes Accounting, Banking & Finance, Business Management, Sales & Marketing, Travel Business Management, Executive Administrative Assistant, Legal Office Specialist, and Medical Office Specialist. Aakers College strives to provide life-long learning skills and values to its students. As such, many graduates elect to pursue additional education, certifications, and degrees after completing an Aakers program. Our specialty is career training designed to provide you with maximum job placement potential in a short amount of time. Taking an online program from Aakers College is a great way to broaden your career opportunities without sacrificing time for your family, job or activities. Online classes allow you to do your coursework when it's most convenient for you, in a time that is flexible to accommodate your other responsibilities. Programs offered includes Online Accounting Program, Online Allied Health Programs, Online Business Management Programs and Online Crime Management Program. Aakers College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and is operating by authorization of the North Dakota State Board for Vocational and Technical Education.
- The nearest community college to Rasmussen College-North Dakota is North Dakota State College of Science (41.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,033 students | 41.50 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
(701) 671-2403 41.503,033
- n/a students | 48.00 Mi900 hwy 34 e
Detroit Lakes,  MN  56501
(218) 846-7444 48.00n/a
- 7,216 students | 52.70 Mi1414 College Way
Fergus Falls,  MN  56537
(877) 450-3322 52.707,216
- 4,321 students | 90.80 Mi1101 Hwy One East
Thief River Falls,  MN  56701
(218) 793-2800 90.804,321
- 3,811 students | 97.50 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria,  MN  56308
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.