- The teacher population of 43 teachers has grown by 207% over five years.
|Rasmussen College-Illinois||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||43 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,580 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||711 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||869 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,100||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Rasmussen College-Illinois is Madison Media Institute-Rockford Career College (1.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 434 students | 1.70 Mi1130 South Alpine Road
Rockford,  IL  61108
- 7,737 students | 2.80 Mi3301 N Mulford Rd
Rockford,  IL  61114
- 2,471 students | 22.40 Mi6004 County Road G
Janesville,  WI  53546
- 4,475 students | 23.60 Mi21193 Malta Rd
Malta,  IL  60150
- 7,165 students | 32.30 Mi8900 US Hwy 14
Crystal Lake,  IL  60012
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.