Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- The teacher population of 273 teachers has grown by 259% over five years.
|Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences||(PR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||273 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||701 students||839 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||701 students||701 students|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences is Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto De Ponce (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 601 students | 0.70 Mi4820 Candido Hoyos Urb. Perla Del Sur
Ponce,  PR  00717
- 2,607 students | 0.70 Mi1213 Acacia Street Villa Flores Urb
Ponce,  PR  00716
- 576 students | 10.30 Mi20 San Patricio
Arecibo,  PR  00614
- 407 students | 16.50 Mi3 Betances St
Yauco,  PR  00698
- 1,385 students | 16.70 MiCarr. # 10 Km. 52.2
Utuado,  PR  00641
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.