Platt College-North OKC
- Since 1979, Platt College exists with one purpose; to create a workforce of professionals with the skills and training necessary to answer the needs of today's and tomorrow's workplace. Because our students receive the rigors of academic discipline as well as hands-on experience in their chosen fields, employers can rest assured they will hire a confident Platt College graduate who is well prepared and possesses valuable experience. In the long term, Platt College graduates not only gain a lifelong education, but the ability to make a significant contribution to their communities. Platt North provides spacious classrooms for students to learn. Each program is provided with an industry related laboratory.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Platt College-North OKC||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||58 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||9|
|Total Enrollment||189 students||1,805 students|
|# Full-Time Students||189 students||849 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,500||$33,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2016)||87%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)||$9,500||$11,520|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2015)||$4,682||$5,500|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2013)||95%||45%|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Platt College-North OKC is Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (9.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,996 students | 9.40 Mi900 N Portland
Oklahoma City,  OK  73107
- 134 students | 10.50 Mi309 S Ann Arbor
Oklahoma City,  OK  73128
- 6,891 students | 14.00 Mi6420 S E 15th
Oklahoma City,  OK  73110
- 13,397 students | 15.40 Mi7777 S May Ave
Oklahoma City,  OK  73159
- 234 students | 17.00 Mi3701 S I-35 Frontage Road
Oklahoma City,  OK  73160
The chancellor of the California Community College System, Bryce Harris, recently stated more than 20 community colleges in the state were at risk of losing accreditation. In the midst of problems with City College of San Francisco, some are beginning to question the credibility of the accreditors.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.