Platt College-North OKC
- Since 1979, Platt College exists with one purpose; to create a workforce of professionals with the skills and training necessary to answer the needs of today's and tomorrow's workplace. Because our students receive the rigors of academic discipline as well as hands-on experience in their chosen fields, employers can rest assured they will hire a confident Platt College graduate who is well prepared and possesses valuable experience. In the long term, Platt College graduates not only gain a lifelong education, but the ability to make a significant contribution to their communities. Platt North provides spacious classrooms for students to learn. Each program is provided with an industry related laboratory.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Platt College-North OKC||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||58 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||9|
|Total Enrollment||189 students||1,805 students|
|# Full-Time Students||189 students||849 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,500||$33,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2016)||87%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)||$9,500||$11,520|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2015)||$4,682||$5,500|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2013)||95%||45%|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Platt College-North OKC is Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (9.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,996 students | 9.40 Mi900 N Portland
Oklahoma City,  OK  73107
- 134 students | 10.60 Mi309 S Ann Arbor
Oklahoma City,  OK  73128
- 6,891 students | 14.30 Mi6420 S E 15th
Oklahoma City,  OK  73110
- 13,397 students | 15.50 Mi7777 S May Ave
Oklahoma City,  OK  73159
- 94 students | 19.40 Mi201 N. Eastern
Oklahoma City,  OK  73160
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.