Platt College-North OKC
- Since 1979, Platt College exists with one purpose; to create a workforce of professionals with the skills and training necessary to answer the needs of today's and tomorrow's workplace. Because our students receive the rigors of academic discipline as well as hands-on experience in their chosen fields, employers can rest assured they will hire a confident Platt College graduate who is well prepared and possesses valuable experience. In the long term, Platt College graduates not only gain a lifelong education, but the ability to make a significant contribution to their communities. Platt North provides spacious classrooms for students to learn. Each program is provided with an industry related laboratory.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Platt College-North OKC||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||58 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||9|
|Total Enrollment||189 students||1,805 students|
|# Full-Time Students||189 students||849 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,500||$33,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2016)||87%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)||$9,500||$11,520|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2015)||$4,682||$5,500|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2013)||95%||45%|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Platt College-North OKC is Vatterott College-Oklahoma City (8.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 324 students | 8.40 Mi5537 NW Expressway
Oklahoma City,  OK  73132
- 6,996 students | 9.40 Mi900 N Portland
Oklahoma City,  OK  73107
- 134 students | 10.50 Mi309 S Ann Arbor
Oklahoma City,  OK  73128
- 6,891 students | 14.00 Mi6420 S E 15th
Oklahoma City,  OK  73110
- 13,397 students | 15.40 Mi7777 S May Ave
Oklahoma City,  OK  73159
The opportunities you take in community college will help to shape the rest of your life, so don't be a passive observer! Take control of your community college education.
Though homeschoolers often get a bad rap, they are some of the highest performing students in the country - especially in college. Keep reading to learn more about community college for homeschoolers including tips for applying and preparing for college.
Remedial education exists to help struggling students succeed in college-level classes. Unfortunately, the existing model may be doing more harm than good. Keep reading to learn more about the history of remedial education and what community colleges are doing to change it.