Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (800) 689-0379 Ext. 1001
- At Pennsylvania College of Art & Design, we are makers, designers, creators and entrepreneurs. The simple idea, to "see differently", makes us distinct from one another yet unifies the diversity found in our students and teachers. Here you'll learn to make creativity your career. Located in the heart of Lancaster's thriving arts community, inspiration can be found around every corner. As a micro-college, it's the personal attention and guidance from our faculty of working artists, coupled with internships and hands-on experiences, that set us apart. Learn more about our academic programs and why you belong here.
The teacher population of 55 teachers has grown by 96% over five years.
|Pennsylvania College of Art & Design||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Arts, Music & Design Schools||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||55 staff||56 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
24-Hour Comics Day, American Institute of Graphic Arts - AIGA (Student Chapter), Designathon, eSports, Lux (Student Photography Club), SIGGRAPH (Student Chapter - Graphic Arts), Society of Illustrators - SOI (Student Chapter), Society of Photographic Education - SPE (Student Chapter), Student Art Market, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Pennsylvania College of Art & Design began as a dream of a handful of dedicated artists and their supporters in the spring of 1982: For those destined to live the creative life, it's not a choice - it's in the fabric of who you are.
- BFA Majors: Animation & Game Art, Graphic Design, Fine Art, Illustration, Photography & Video, Live Entertainment & Experience Design (LiveX)
Profile last updated: 07/14/2021
The nearest community college to Pennsylvania College of Art & Design is Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,811 students | 0.40 Mi850 Greenfield Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
(800) 622-5443 0.401,811
- 1,347 students | 1.10 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster, PA 17602
(717) 299-7731 1.101,347
- 4,952 students | 2.10 Mi1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602
(717) 293-5000 2.104,952
- 873 students | 18.90 Mi1405 Williams Road
York, PA 17402
(717) 757-1100 18.90873
- 1,269 students | 21.50 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon, PA 17042
(717) 270-4222 21.501,269
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.