Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (800) 689-0379 Ext. 1001
- At Pennsylvania College of Art & Design, we are makers, designers, creators and entrepreneurs. The simple idea, to "see differently", makes us distinct from one another yet unifies the diversity found in our students and teachers. Here you'll learn to make creativity your career. Located in the heart of Lancaster's thriving arts community, inspiration can be found around every corner. As a micro-college, it's the personal attention and guidance from our faculty of working artists, coupled with internships and hands-on experiences, that set us apart. Learn more about our academic programs and why you belong here.
The teacher population of 55 teachers has grown by 37% over five years.
|Pennsylvania College of Art & Design||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Arts, Music & Design Schools||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||55 staff||36 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
24-Hour Comics Day, American Institute of Graphic Arts - AIGA (Student Chapter), Designathon, eSports, Lux (Student Photography Club), SIGGRAPH (Student Chapter - Graphic Arts), Society of Illustrators - SOI (Student Chapter), Society of Photographic Education - SPE (Student Chapter), Student Art Market, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Pennsylvania College of Art & Design began as a dream of a handful of dedicated artists and their supporters in the spring of 1982: For those destined to live the creative life, it's not a choice - it's in the fabric of who you are.
- BFA Majors: Animation & Game Art, Graphic Design, Fine Art, Illustration, Photography & Video, Live Entertainment & Experience Design (LiveX)
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Pennsylvania College of Art & Design is Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,800 students | 0.40 Mi850 Greenfield Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
(800) 622-5443 0.401,800
- 1,233 students | 1.10 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster, PA 17602
(717) 299-7731 1.101,233
- 4,952 students | 2.10 Mi1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602
(717) 293-5000 2.104,952
- 1,327 students | 18.90 Mi1405 Williams Road
York, PA 17402
(717) 757-1100 18.901,327
- 1,269 students | 21.50 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon, PA 17042
(717) 270-4222 21.501,269
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.