Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
Tel: (800) 689-0379 Ext. 1001
- At Pennsylvania College of Art & Design, we are makers, designers, creators and entrepreneurs. The simple idea, to "see differently", makes us distinct from one another yet unifies the diversity found in our students and teachers. Here you`ll learn to make creativity your career. Located in the heart of Lancaster`s thriving arts community, inspiration can be found around every corner. As a micro-college, it's the personal attention and guidance from our faculty of working artists, coupled with internships and hands-on experiences, that set us apart. Learn more about our academic programs and why you belong here.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania College of Art & Design||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||245 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||232 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13 students||246 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,200||$34,800|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
24-Hour Comics Day, American Institute of Graphic Arts - AIGA (Student Chapter), Designathon, eSports, Lux (Student Photography Club), SIGGRAPH (Student Chapter - Graphic Arts), Society of Illustrators - SOI (Student Chapter), Society of Photographic Education - SPE (Student Chapter), Student Art Market, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Pennsylvania College of Art & Design began as a dream of a handful of dedicated artists and their supporters in the spring of 1982: For those destined to live the creative life, it`s not a choice - it`s in the fabric of who you are.
- BFA Majors: Animation & Game Art, Graphic Design, Fine Art, Illustration, Photography & Video, Live Entertainment & Experience Design (Coming Fall 2021)
- Tomorrow Today: At PCA&D, we prepare students for their future in art and design. Our faculty are working in their creative fields and bringing their experience to our students each day in the classroom. They stay current with their real-world perspectives and engagement with the marketplace.
- Live Inspired: Our unique housing partnerships provide students access to newly renovated, fully furnished apartments in historic and secure buildings, just blocks from our campus or find more independence in one of the surrounding architectural homes or loft spaces.
- A Community with Character: PCA&D is located in Lancaster, PA. Three centuries of architecture frame a hip vibe, creating a city humming with energy and imagination. Entrepreneurial spirit flows across its boutiques, farm-to-table restaurants, and re-imagined maker-spaces. Surrounding the campus, you`ll find Gallery Row and neighborhoods filled with artist studios and creative professionals.
- An Investment of Value: Pennsylvania College of Art & Design is one of the most affordable private art colleges in the nation. As a student, you may be eligible for a full range of federal, state, and institutional assistance that includes scholarships, non-repayable grants, educational loans, and part-time work study. More than 90% of our students receive some form of financial assistance.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania College of Art & Design is Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,447 students | 0.40 Mi410 N Lime Street
Lancaster,  PA  17602
(717) 544-4912 0.401,447
- 913 students | 1.10 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster,  PA  17602
(717) 299-7731 1.10913
- 4,952 students | 2.10 Mi1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster,  PA  17602
(717) 293-5000 2.104,952
- 1,677 students | 18.90 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
(717) 757-1100 18.901,677
- 1,269 students | 21.50 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon,  PA  17042
(717) 270-4222 21.501,269
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.