Olean Business Institute (Closed 2013)
- Olean Business Institute was founded in 1961 as an independent, coeducational business college. Since its inception, the college’s purpose has been to offer practical programs designed to provide students with the most current business education and training available, to prepare students for successful careers, and to maximize each student’s personal, professional, and social development in a caring environment.
|Olean Business Institute||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,800||$35,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$13,625||$12,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$6,188||$5,149|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Olean Business Institute provides instruction and training in the kinds of practical skills and knowledge that will allow you to prepare for a successful career in business or information technology. The workshops, lectures, simulations, and hands-on sessions provide the training and learning environment to maximize the candidate's potential. The college offers Degree Programs for Administrative Professional, Health Information Specialist, Business Administration / Accounting, Business Administration / Management, Computer Technology, Office Technology and Paralegal. Diploma Programs includes General Business, Office Assistant (General Secretarial), Legal Office Assistant (Legal Secretarial), Medical Office Assistant (Medical Secretarial) and Office Computer Technology. Our enrollment is limited to approximately 250 students. Since emphasis at OBI is on individual attention, you will be a person - not just a number. Our small enrollment also allows each student more time and experience on computers or other equipment. The curricula at Olean Business Institute are registered by the New York State Education Department. The school is authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to confer the Associate Degree (Applied Science and Occupational Studies) in its approved two-year programs of study. OBI is accredited to award academic associate degrees by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- The nearest community college to Olean Business Institute is SUNY College of Technology at Alfred (34.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,661 students | 34.90 Mi10 Upper College Drive
Alfred,  NY  14802
- 5,065 students | 40.50 Mi525 Falconer St
Jamestown,  NY  14701
- 318 students | 42.10 Mi7 Fairmount Ave
Jamestown,  NY  14701
- 561 students | 51.90 MiSterling Park - 200 Redtail Rd.
Orchard Park,  NY  14127
- 1,467 students | 56.30 Mi360 Choate Ave
Buffalo,  NY  14220
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.