Olean Business Institute (Closed 2013)
- Olean Business Institute was founded in 1961 as an independent, coeducational business college. Since its inception, the college’s purpose has been to offer practical programs designed to provide students with the most current business education and training available, to prepare students for successful careers, and to maximize each student’s personal, professional, and social development in a caring environment.
|Olean Business Institute||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,800||$35,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$13,625||$12,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$6,188||$5,149|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Olean Business Institute provides instruction and training in the kinds of practical skills and knowledge that will allow you to prepare for a successful career in business or information technology. The workshops, lectures, simulations, and hands-on sessions provide the training and learning environment to maximize the candidate's potential. The college offers Degree Programs for Administrative Professional, Health Information Specialist, Business Administration / Accounting, Business Administration / Management, Computer Technology, Office Technology and Paralegal. Diploma Programs includes General Business, Office Assistant (General Secretarial), Legal Office Assistant (Legal Secretarial), Medical Office Assistant (Medical Secretarial) and Office Computer Technology. Our enrollment is limited to approximately 250 students. Since emphasis at OBI is on individual attention, you will be a person - not just a number. Our small enrollment also allows each student more time and experience on computers or other equipment. The curricula at Olean Business Institute are registered by the New York State Education Department. The school is authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to confer the Associate Degree (Applied Science and Occupational Studies) in its approved two-year programs of study. OBI is accredited to award academic associate degrees by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- The nearest community college to Olean Business Institute is SUNY College of Technology at Alfred (34.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,661 students | 34.90 Mi10 Upper College Drive
Alfred,  NY  14802
- 5,065 students | 40.50 Mi525 Falconer St
Jamestown,  NY  14701
- 318 students | 42.10 Mi7 Fairmount Ave
Jamestown,  NY  14701
- 561 students | 51.90 MiSterling Park - 200 Redtail Rd.
Orchard Park,  NY  14127
- 1,467 students | 56.30 Mi360 Choate Ave
Buffalo,  NY  14220
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.