Olean Business Institute (Closed 2013)
- Olean Business Institute was founded in 1961 as an independent, coeducational business college. Since its inception, the college’s purpose has been to offer practical programs designed to provide students with the most current business education and training available, to prepare students for successful careers, and to maximize each student’s personal, professional, and social development in a caring environment.
|Olean Business Institute||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,800||$35,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$13,625||$12,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$6,188||$5,149|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Olean Business Institute provides instruction and training in the kinds of practical skills and knowledge that will allow you to prepare for a successful career in business or information technology. The workshops, lectures, simulations, and hands-on sessions provide the training and learning environment to maximize the candidate's potential. The college offers Degree Programs for Administrative Professional, Health Information Specialist, Business Administration / Accounting, Business Administration / Management, Computer Technology, Office Technology and Paralegal. Diploma Programs includes General Business, Office Assistant (General Secretarial), Legal Office Assistant (Legal Secretarial), Medical Office Assistant (Medical Secretarial) and Office Computer Technology. Our enrollment is limited to approximately 250 students. Since emphasis at OBI is on individual attention, you will be a person - not just a number. Our small enrollment also allows each student more time and experience on computers or other equipment. The curricula at Olean Business Institute are registered by the New York State Education Department. The school is authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to confer the Associate Degree (Applied Science and Occupational Studies) in its approved two-year programs of study. OBI is accredited to award academic associate degrees by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- The nearest community college to Olean Business Institute is SUNY College of Technology at Alfred (34.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,661 students | 34.90 Mi10 Upper College Drive
Alfred,  NY  14802
- 5,065 students | 40.50 Mi525 Falconer St
Jamestown,  NY  14701
- 318 students | 42.10 Mi7 Fairmount Ave
Jamestown,  NY  14701
- 561 students | 51.90 MiSterling Park - 200 Redtail Rd.
Orchard Park,  NY  14127
- 1,467 students | 56.30 Mi360 Choate Ave
Buffalo,  NY  14220
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.