Okefenokee Technical College (Closed 2013)
- The academic programs at Okefenokee Technical College are designed to provide the opportunity to develop academic knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to secure personally satisfying, rewarding, and socially useful employment. All programs of study comply with Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) approved curriculum reflecting current, up-to-date knowledge and skills training. TCC programs provide a structured sequence of credit courses that will enable individuals to either be employed in an entry-level position or to increase job proficiencies.
|Okefenokee Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,500||$29,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||97%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.60 Mi2001 S Georgia Pky
Waycross,  GA  31503
- 2,611 students | 33.80 Mi100 W College Park Dr
Douglas,  GA  31533
- n/a students | 56.70 Mi4201 North Forrest Street
Valdosta,  GA  31605
- 3,629 students | 61.60 Mi4089 Val Tech Rd
Valdosta,  GA  31602
- n/a students | 61.70 Mi667 Perry House Rd
Fitzgerald,  GA  31750
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.