Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus
- Northwestern College is about preparing people well and quickly for a lifetime of opportunities. The faculty and staff at Northwestern College are committed to providing an excellent learning environment supported by outstanding student service and satisfaction. Northwestern College is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the College community.
|Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||743 students||3,999 students|
|# Full-Time Students||256 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||487 students||2,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,800||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus is Fox College (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 360 students | 3.20 Mi6640 S. Cicero
Chicago,  IL  60638
- 15,286 students | 3.90 Mi9000 W. College Parkway
Palos Hills,  IL  60465
- 8,914 students | 4.00 Mi7500 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago,  IL  60652
- 4,653 students | 5.40 Mi3801 S Central Ave
Cicero,  IL  60804
- 5,313 students | 8.20 Mi6301 S Halsted St
Chicago,  IL  60621
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.