Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus
- Northwestern College is about preparing people well and quickly for a lifetime of opportunities. The faculty and staff at Northwestern College are committed to providing an excellent learning environment supported by outstanding student service and satisfaction. Northwestern College is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the College community.
|Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||743 students||3,999 students|
|# Full-Time Students||256 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||487 students||2,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,800||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus is Fox College (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 360 students | 3.20 Mi6640 S. Cicero
Chicago,  IL  60638
- 8,914 students | 3.90 Mi7500 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago,  IL  60652
- 15,286 students | 4.40 Mi9000 W. College Parkway
Palos Hills,  IL  60465
- 4,653 students | 5.30 Mi3801 S Central Ave
Cicero,  IL  60804
- 5,313 students | 8.20 Mi6301 S Halsted St
Chicago,  IL  60621
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.