Northeast Iowa Community College: Calmar & Peosta
- The teacher population of 300 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northeast Iowa Community College: Calmar & Peosta||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||300 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,153 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,431 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,722 students||1,530 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,800||$36,000|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Many start their education at Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) because of its small class sizes, the more than 85 programs of study that lead to in-demand careers and our instructors who want you to succeed. More than 94% of our graduates are employed or continuing their education six months after graduation – that says a lot about the success of our students and the quality of a Northeast Iowa Community College education. Whether your goal is to transfer to a four-year institution or start your career following graduation you will find unparalleled support in faculty and staff to help you succeed.
- The nearest community college to Northeast Iowa Community College: Calmar & Peosta is Western Technical College (La Crosse) (54.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,630 students | 54.10 Mi400 Seventh St. North
La Crosse,  WI  54601
- 5,300 students | 56.50 Mi1501 E Orange Rd
Waterloo,  IA  50701
- 403 students | 56.70 Mi7009 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls,  IA  50613
- 2,177 students | 60.10 Mi1250 Homer Rd
Winona,  MN  55987
- 2,334 students | 62.40 Mi1800 Bronson Blvd
Fennimore,  WI  53809
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.