Northeast Iowa Community College: Calmar & Peosta
- Many start their education at Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) because of its small class sizes, the more than 70 programs of study that lead to in-demand careers and our instructors who want you to succeed. More than 96% of our graduates are employed or continuing their education one year after graduation that says a lot about the success of our students and the quality of a Northeast Iowa Community College education. Whether your goal is to transfer to a four-year college or start your career following graduation you will find unparalleled support in faculty and staff to help you succeed.
- The teacher population of 575 teachers has grown by 91% over five years.
|Northeast Iowa Community College: Calmar & Peosta||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||575 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,045 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,530 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,800||$36,000|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Leadership Organizations, Professional Organizations, Service Learning, Student Leadership
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Sports, Sport Shooting Team
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Northeast Iowa Community College: Calmar & Peosta is Hawkeye Community College (55.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,300 students | 55.20 Mi1501 E Orange Rd
Waterloo,  IA  50701
- 403 students | 55.40 Mi7009 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls,  IA  50613
- 4,630 students | 55.40 Mi400 Seventh St. North
La Crosse,  WI  54601
- 2,177 students | 61.40 Mi1250 Homer Rd
Winona,  MN  55987
- 495 students | 62.00 Mi300 University Square 111 South Broadway
Rochester,  MN  55904
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.