North Coast College
Tel: (216) 221-8584
- Virginia Marti College is an accelerated college focused on preparing talented students for highly successful careers in art and design. If advanced training in Graphic Design, Interior Design, Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, or Multimedia is of interest to you, visit Virginia Marti College.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Coast College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||166 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||104 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||62 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Virgina Marti Veith is a woman with a legacy of clothing appreciation behind her. Virginia sought to gain the highest quality understanding of fashion design at the age of 25. Her quest took her to Paris, where she spent an entire year learning to make clothing not by pattern, but specific to body measurements. At the end of this quest, Virginia returned to Ohio and opened Virginia Marti Bridal, a home to her personalized style where she created bridal gowns. Out of this realization and this need for more advanced talent, Virginia Marti College of Art and Design began. In its first year, 1966, the school had five students enrolled in the class of Fashion Design. By 1970 the school had opened its first full-time day program, an Associate Degree Program for Fashion Design. In 1979 Fashion Merchandising was added, Interior Design in 1984 and Graphic Design in 1985. Most recently, Virginia Marti College added a Multimedia Design major to the curriculum. Virginia Marti College offers a variety of programs in Graphics- Graphic Design and Multimedia; Fashion- Fashion Merchandising and Fashion Design and Interiors- Interior Design. Students accepted to Virginia Marti College will receive the benefit of a culturally diverse atmosphere and a learning environment focused on the individual, not the masses. Our two-year programs prepare students for entry-level positions in a variety of industries. Each program centers on the needs specific to the careers that our students are seeking. Creativity and individualized thinking are the focus of all of our programs. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to North Coast College is Cuyahoga Community College District (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 27,084 students | 4.50 Mi700 Carnegie Ave
Cleveland,  OH  44115
(800) 954-8742 4.5027,084
- 2,100 students | 4.80 Mi1776 E 17th St
Cleveland,  OH  44114
(216) 781-9400 4.802,100
- 475 students | 5.50 Mi3121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland,  OH  44115
(216) 771-1700 5.50475
- 541 students | 5.50 Mi12955 Snow Rd
Cleveland,  OH  44130
(216) 265-3151 5.50541
- 1,119 students | 6.30 Mi1374 E 51st St
Cleveland,  OH  44103
(216) 881-1700 6.301,119
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.