National Park Community College
Tel: (501) 760-4222
- National Park Community College emerged as a result of the blending of Garland County Community College and Quapaw Technical Institute into a comprehensive two-year institution by Act 678 of the 2003 Arkansas General Assembly effective July 1, 2003. Nestled in the Ouachita Mountains, the college is located in Mid-America Park, just outside the city limits of Hot Springs, America's oldest national park service site.
The teacher population of 130 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|National Park Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||130 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- National Park Community College averages approximately 3,000 credit students per semester enrolled in college courses blending liberal arts with occupational education to prepare students to enter the workforce or transfer to a four-year institution. NPCC is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. NPCC's academic programs are designed for students who plan to earn a two-year associate degree or a one-year technical certificate leading to employment, as well as for those who plan to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. The programs are, in some cases, flexible. The Adult Education assists adults to prepare for postsecondary education, successful careers, and productive lives. Instruction is conducted in an informal learning environment, with an emphasis on individual or small group instruction.
The nearest community college to National Park Community College is College of the Ouachitas (18.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,444 students | 18.80 MiOne College Circle
Malvern,  AR  72104
(501) 337-5000 18.801,444
- 180 students | 43.00 Mi19 Remington Dr.
Little Rock,  AR  72204
(501) 312-0007 43.00180
- 1,995 students | 48.50 Mi1537 University Blvd.
Morrilton,  AR  72110
(501) 977-2000 48.501,995
- 899 students | 49.70 Mi1621 Dr. Martin Luther King Drive
Little Rock,  AR  72202
(501) 420-1200 49.70899
- 9,241 students | 50.40 Mi3000 W Scenic Dr
North Little Rock,  AR  72118
(501) 812-2200 50.409,241
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!