National Park Community College
- National Park Community College emerged as a result of the blending of Garland County Community College and Quapaw Technical Institute into a comprehensive two-year institution by Act 678 of the 2003 Arkansas General Assembly effective July 1, 2003. Nestled in the Ouachita Mountains, the college is located in Mid-America Park, just outside the city limits of Hot Springs, America's oldest national park service site.
- The teacher population of 130 teachers has declined by 32% over five years.
|National Park Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||130 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,001 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,425 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,576 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.33||0.47|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,600||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- National Park Community College averages approximately 3,000 credit students per semester enrolled in college courses blending liberal arts with occupational education to prepare students to enter the workforce or transfer to a four-year institution. NPCC is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. NPCC's academic programs are designed for students who plan to earn a two-year associate degree or a one-year technical certificate leading to employment, as well as for those who plan to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. The programs are, in some cases, flexible. The Adult Education assists adults to prepare for postsecondary education, successful careers, and productive lives. Instruction is conducted in an informal learning environment, with an emphasis on individual or small group instruction.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,444 students | 14.90 MiOne College Circle
Malvern,  AR  72104
- 180 students | 43.00 Mi19 Remington Dr.
Little Rock,  AR  72204
- 899 students | 49.60 Mi1621 Dr. Martin Luther King Drive
Little Rock,  AR  72202
- 9,241 students | 50.30 Mi3000 W Scenic Dr
North Little Rock,  AR  72118
- 1,995 students | 50.70 Mi1537 University Blvd.
Morrilton,  AR  72110
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.