- National College of Business & Technology is dedicated to the training and educating of men and women for a full life and a successful career in a number of general and particular fields. The College seeks to give students a broad competency in a field of specialization and an understanding of and respect for their own and others ideas and thoughts.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|National College-Nashville||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||517 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||301 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||216 students||262 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,300||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College was founded in 1886 by J. A. Trimmer in Roanoke, Virginia, and was originally known as National Business College. Mr. Trimmer conceived of and organized the College to serve as a leader in business education, not only in the Roanoke Valley of Virginia, but throughout the southeastern United States. the last quarter of the 20th century saw the addition of seven additional campus locations in Virginia. The growth trend continued in the 1990s with the addition of the six-campus Kentucky College of Business. Fugazzi College also became a part of the family of colleges during this time. It added a branch campus in Nashville, Tennessee in 1991. Fugazzi's Lexington campus was combined with KCB's Lexington campus in 2001. At the same time, all three colleges became known as National College of Business & Technology, a name acknowledging our rich heritage dating to the 19th century and our cutting-edge training for success in the 21st century. The new century also saw the addition of a campus in Knoxville, Tennessee in 2003 and Dayton and Cincinnati, Ohio in 2004. The program of study at National College is very career-oriented. The college offers diploma programs, associate degree programs, baccalaureate programs and Master of Business Administration program. Bachelor's Degrees are offered in Bus. Administration - Accounting, Bus. Administration - Management and Information Technology. Associate Degrees program includes Admin. Office Professional, Bus. Administration - Accounting, Bus. Administration - Management, Computer Applications Technology, Health Information Technology, Information Systems Engineering, Medical Assisting, Paralegal, Paramedic, Pharmacy Technician, Radio and Television Broadcasting, Surgical Technology and Tourism and Hospitality. Diploma Programs includes Accounting, Admin. Office Specialist, Business Administration, Computer Network Technician, Computerized Office Applications, Emergency Medical Technology, Medical Billing and Coding, Medical Office Specialist, Medical Transcription, Pharmacy Technician, Radio and Television Operations and Tourism and Hospitality. The campus serving Tennessee's capitol was opened in 1991 and moved to its present location ten years later, which affords additional room for growth. Located southeast of the downtown area across from the Nashville Zoo at Grassmere, it is also served by MTA's Nolensville bus route. The library, labs, and classrooms are designed to facilitate the modern technology taught in the college's career programs. National College of Business & Technology are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and diplomas.
- The nearest community college to National College-Nashville is Fortis Institute-Nashville (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 367 students | 2.80 Mi3354 Perimeter Hill Drive, Suite 105
Nashville,  TN  37211
- 89 students | 6.10 Mi560 Royal Parkway
Nashville,  TN  37214
- 369 students | 6.80 Mi750 Envious Lane
Nashville,  TN  37217
- 380 students | 7.70 Mi441 Donelson Pk Ste 150
Nashville,  TN  37214
- 129 students | 9.30 Mi1616 Church St
Nashville,  TN  37203
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.