- National College of Business & Technology is dedicated to the training and educating of men and women for a full life and a successful career in a number of general and particular fields. The College seeks to give students a broad competency in a field of specialization and an understanding of and respect for their own and others' ideas and thoughts.
- The teacher population of 100 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|National College-Lexington||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||100 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||979 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||452 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||527 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,000||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1886 in Roanoke, Virginia, National College of Business & Technology enrolls more than 6,500 students at its 19 campus locations in Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, and Indiana. National's presence in Lexington can be traced through its predecessors, Fugazzi College, begun in 1915, and Kentucky College of Business, founded in 1941. In April, 2006 the campus moved to a new, spacious 30,000 square-foot campus in Hamburg Place. Fourteen lecture classrooms, five computer labs, plus medical and surgical technology labs are situated on 5.2 acres. The campus includes National's only broadcasting studio, home of its Radio and TV diploma and degree programs. As a collegiate institution offering educational credentials from diplomas to baccalaureate degrees, National strives to develop each student intellectually, culturally and socially. We offer up to four educational levels, starting with several short-term diploma programs that can be completed in just nine months to a year. Associate's degree programs take about two years. Bachelor's degree programs build on the Associate's degree and may require another two years to complete. The Master of Business Administration may be completed in as little as 18 months. Lexington campus of National College of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and diplomas. Lexington campus of National College of Business & Technology are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and diplomas.
- The nearest community college to National College-Lexington is Bluegrass Community and Technical College (4.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,952 students | 4.40 Mi470 Cooper Drive
Lexington,  KY  40506
- 186 students | 6.20 Mi1648 McGrathiana Pkwy #200
Lexington,  KY  40511
- 1,140 students | 16.10 Mi512 E. Stephens St
Midway,  KY  40347
- 3,478 students | 52.50 Mi1755 U.S. Hwy 68
Maysville,  KY  41056
- 439 students | 63.70 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.