- National College of Business & Technology is dedicated to the training and educating of men and women for a full life and a successful career in a number of general and particular fields. The College seeks to give students a broad competency in a field of specialization and an understanding of and respect for their own and others' ideas and thoughts.
- The teacher population of 100 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|National College-Lexington||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||100 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||979 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||452 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||527 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,000||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1886 in Roanoke, Virginia, National College of Business & Technology enrolls more than 6,500 students at its 19 campus locations in Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, and Indiana. National's presence in Lexington can be traced through its predecessors, Fugazzi College, begun in 1915, and Kentucky College of Business, founded in 1941. In April, 2006 the campus moved to a new, spacious 30,000 square-foot campus in Hamburg Place. Fourteen lecture classrooms, five computer labs, plus medical and surgical technology labs are situated on 5.2 acres. The campus includes National's only broadcasting studio, home of its Radio and TV diploma and degree programs. As a collegiate institution offering educational credentials from diplomas to baccalaureate degrees, National strives to develop each student intellectually, culturally and socially. We offer up to four educational levels, starting with several short-term diploma programs that can be completed in just nine months to a year. Associate's degree programs take about two years. Bachelor's degree programs build on the Associate's degree and may require another two years to complete. The Master of Business Administration may be completed in as little as 18 months. Lexington campus of National College of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and diplomas. Lexington campus of National College of Business & Technology are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and diplomas.
- The nearest community college to National College-Lexington is Bluegrass Community and Technical College (4.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,952 students | 4.40 Mi470 Cooper Drive
Lexington,  KY  40506
- 186 students | 6.10 Mi1648 McGrathiana Pkwy #200
Lexington,  KY  40511
- 1,140 students | 16.40 Mi512 E. Stephens St
Midway,  KY  40347
- 3,478 students | 52.90 Mi1755 U.S. Hwy 68
Maysville,  KY  41056
- 439 students | 63.70 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.