National American University-Overland Park
- National American University (NAU) offers the career programs that today's industries are most demanding. NAU is committed to preparing you for a rewarding career directly out of college. We do that by implementing highly qualified instructors who have actively worked in the fields in which they teach, offering you their "real-world experience"; perspective. Another example of our commitment to your career education is our use of program advisory boards. These key individuals make recommendations to the existing programs, ensuring the material we teach stays current and up-to-date. We realize that our programs need to continually evolve as industry changes. Our staff is devoted to helping you balance your education with your personal and professional commitments. NAU will be with you every step of the way it's a key part of our personal relationship with you. From the moment you contact us, you will be personally guided through the admissions and financing process, and provided academic advising assistance throughout your college career to ensure a timely graduation. We are there to help you find ways to make life work outside of the classroom so you can focus on your success inside the classroom.
National American University-Overland Park places among the top 20% of community colleges in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|National American University-Overland Park||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||382 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||82 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||300 students||898 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,200||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to National American University-Overland Park is Johnson County Community College (1.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 19,429 students | 1.70 Mi12345 College Blvd
Overland Park,  KS  66210
- 458 students | 1.80 Mi9705 Lenexa Dr.
Lenexa,  KS  66215
- 580 students | 6.70 Mi1001 E. 101st Terrace, Suite 325
Kansas City,  MO  64131
- 590 students | 10.70 Mi3239 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
- 474 students | 12.20 Mi608 N 18th St
Kansas City,  KS  66102
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.