Mitchell Technical Institute
- Mitchell Technical Institute, founded in 1968, is located in Mitchell, South Dakota. The college annually enrolls about 1,300 students, mostly full-time, in six career divisions. Graduates have experienced a 98% placement rate for the past three consecutive years. Online programs, as well as short-term training courses, are also available.
Upcoming Events and News:
- Open House - Wed., October 10, 2018 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., October 24, 2018 - get more information!
- Open House - Thu., November 01, 2018 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., November 14, 2018 - get more information!
- Open House - Thu., January 31, 2019 - get more information!
- Open House - Tue., February 26, 2019 - Wed., February 27, 2019 - get more information!
- Open House - Tue., March 05, 2019 - get more information!
- Open House - Thu., March 21, 2019 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., July 17, 2019 - get more information!
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has declined by 29% over five years.
|Mitchell Technical Institute||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||73 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,187 students||934 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|# Full-Time Students||853 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||334 students||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$43,400||$36,600|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Diversity Club, SkillsUSA, Student Rep Board, Student Veterans Organization
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Mitchell Technical Institute provides skills for success in technical careers. The college provides high-quality Associate of Applied Science Degree and Diploma programs in the following areas:
- Ag & Transportation Technologies (Agricultural Technology, Commercial Truck Driving, Farm Power Technology, Precision Ag Technology, Power Sports Technology)
- Business and Service Industries (Accounting, Business Management, Culinary Academy)
- Construction Technology (Architectural Design and Building Construction, Electrical Construction and Maintenance, Heating and Cooling Technology, Welding and Manufacturing Technology)
- Energy Production and Transmission (Electrical Utilities and Substation Technology, Power Line Construction and Maintenance, Wind Turbine Technology)
- Engineering Technology (Automation Controls/SCADA, GPS/GIS Mapping Technology, Information Systems Technology, Telecommunications)
- Health Sciences (Human Services Technology, Licensed Practical Nursing, Medical Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technology, Medical Office Professional, Radiation Therapy, Radiologic Technology, Speech-Language Pathology Assistant)
- Online Degrees and Diplomas (Advanced Medical Imaging, Office Technology Specialist, Administrative Office Specialist, Small Business Management, Medical Office Professional, Speech-Language Pathology Assistant)
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,332 students | 61.80 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
- 595 students | 62.30 Mi5801 South Corporate Place
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 138 students | 62.40 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 1,654 students | 95.30 Mi1201 Arrow Avenue
Watertown,  SD  57201
- 1,568 students | 112.20 Mi603 W Park St
Sheldon,  IA  51201
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.