Missouri College News
Browse past news stories for Missouri College in Saint Louis, MO.
- North Central Missouri College among those receiving nursing education grant - kttn
posted on September 14, 2016 at 12:22:30 pm
Eight Missouri colleges and universities have been selected to receive grants of up to $150,000 to expand their nursing education programs. The grants, totaling nea ...
- North Central Missouri College Fair set for September 15 – KTTN ... - kttn
posted on September 12, 2016 at 09:51:36 am
The Admissions Office at North Central Missouri College in Trenton will host a college fair Thursday, September 15th at the ...
- Editorial: With tuition frozen, Missouri colleges use the fee-hike ploy - STLtoday.com
posted on September 7, 2016 at 09:03:31 pm
The top line on state Auditor Nicole Galloway's recent report on public higher education funding and affordability is important: Missouri's 13 public colleges and universities off ...
- North Central Missouri College ranks top ten in the nation - kttn
posted on August 24, 2016 at 05:35:07 pm
WalletHub recently published their findings on the “2016's Best and Worst Community Colleges” in the U.S. and compared 821 institutions on three overall categories: cost and financing, education outcomes, and career outcomes. Based on 12 key metrics& ...
- North Central Missouri College ranks top ten in the nation – KTTN ... - kttn
posted on August 24, 2016 at 05:30:54 pm
WalletHub recently published their findings on the “2016's Best and Worst Community Colleges” in the U.S. and compared 821 institutions on three overall ...2016's Best & Worst Community Co ...
- Access Missouri, Pell Awards To Increase For Missouri College - OzarksFirst.com
posted on August 8, 2016 at 09:55:08 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - Some Missouri college students will be getting extra help paying their tuition bills this upcoming school year.Maximum awards increase fo ...
- Missouri college-bound students, parents urged to put vaccinations ... - The Kearney Courier
posted on August 4, 2016 at 02:58:03 pm
Mid America Immunization Coalition, a nonprofit dedicated to reducing the incidence of vaccine-preventable diseases, is urging college-bound st ...
- Missouri college-bound students, parents urged to put vaccinations ... - Liberty Tribune
posted on August 1, 2016 at 05:18:32 am
Mid America Immunization Coalition (MAIC), a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the incidence of vaccine-preventable d ...
- Audit highly critical of University of Missouri college - Washington Times
posted on June 21, 2016 at 03:04:08 pm
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) - An internal audit is highly critical of a University of Missouri's College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources after a former employee admitt ...
- Bill signed aims to help Missouri college students graduate on time - Missourinet.com
posted on June 17, 2016 at 10:51:00 pm
Governor Jay Nixon (D) has signed into law a bill that aims to help Missouri college students earn an undergraduate degree in four years. Bill sponsor David Pearce (R-Warrenburg) says it will enable students to take 15 credit hours per semester for ...New Missouri Law Aimed at Helping Co ...
- North Central Missouri College Hosts FFA Officer Training - kttn
posted on June 3, 2016 at 08:15:00 pm
The Missouri FFA Association conducted Officer Training workshops on the North Central Missouri College campus in Trenton on Wednesday, June 1. Approxi ...
- Lenny Klaver begins duties as North Central Missouri College President - kttn
posted on May 19, 2016 at 08:17:33 pm
It is a process of “getting acquainted” for the first four days on the job for North Central Missouri College President Doctor Lenny Klaver. Dr. Klaver, who began ...
- North Central Missouri College Foundation Board Presents Salute Awards - kttn
posted on May 13, 2016 at 05:13:27 pm
The North Central Missouri College Foundation Board presented Board Salute awards during their joint annual meeting with the Board of Trustees earlier this week. Dr. John Holcomb ...
- Arrow Collects 17 Missouri College Media Association Awards - Southeast Missouri State University News
posted on April 12, 2016 at 03:43:10 am
Arrow Awards 2016 full CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo., April 11, 2016 – The Arrow, the student newspaper of Southeast Missouri State University, won 17 awards at the 2016 Missouri College Media Association (MCMA) Conference April 8-9 hosted on th ...
- North Central Missouri College announces retirement reception for Neil Nuttall - kttn
posted on April 8, 2016 at 09:24:18 pm
There will be a public reception for Dr. Neil Nuttall who is retiring from North Central Missouri College after eleven years serving as president. On April 20 at 5:00 ...
- North Central Missouri College Students Inducted into Phi Theta Kappa - Gallatin North Missourian
posted on April 4, 2016 at 04:43:45 pm
Thirty-one North Central Missouri College students were inducted into Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) honor society on March 29, including Kendra Carman (Kidder), and Isaac Poplin and Jasmine R ...
- Dr. Lenny Klaver chosen as new President of North Central Missouri College - kttn
posted on March 31, 2016 at 02:11:41 pm
Trustees of North Central Missouri College today voted to offer a contract to a Michigan man to become the college's next president. Members voted to employ Dr. Lenny Klaver ...
- Judge orders Whitley property deeded to North Central Missouri College - kttn
posted on March 18, 2016 at 08:05:41 pm
(Columbia Daily Tribune) – A lingering legal deadlock over the fate of an undeveloped 102-acre tract of land near the Pinnacles area north of Columbia was resolved ...
- Texas A&M vs. Missouri College Basketball 2/27/16 Picks & Predictions - TheSpread.com (blog)
posted on February 27, 2016 at 06:38:42 pm
Chron.comTexas A&M vs. Missouri College Basketball 2/27/16 Picks & PredictionsWe provide point spread news, odds, statistics and information to over 199 countries around the world each year. Our coverage includes all North American College and Professional Sports as well as entertainment, political and proposition wagerin ...
- QU relay team takes second at Missouri College Challenge - Quincy Herald Whig
posted on February 21, 2016 at 05:59:36 am
COLUMBIA, Mo. – Quincy University's 4x800 relay team of Elizabeth Leden, Kellyn Lamore, Ashley Doellman and Brittney Klosak placed second with a time of 10:59.68 at the ...
- Missouri college football player found dead in home - ABC17News.com
posted on February 1, 2016 at 01:25:14 pm
Officials do not suspect foul play, after a member of the football team died over the weekend at Northwest Missouri State University. Nicholas Turner was found dead Sunday where he lived on campus. He was a junior from St. Louis who just recorded a ...Nicholas Turner: 'Details'SportActSt. Louis student d ...
- Governor Nixon pushes for more Missouri college funding - KSHB
posted on January 27, 2016 at 07:32:45 pm
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - In an effort to make Missouri a leader in college affordability, Governor Jay Nixon is pushing for more funding for higher education and scholarship opportunities. He sat down with students Wednesday ...
- Freedom of speech considered as a Missouri college graduation requirement - Missourinet.com
posted on January 27, 2016 at 09:40:54 am
A House committee is considering making a class on freedom of speech a college graduation requirement. Bill sponsor Dean Dohrman (R-La Monte) said campus protests last fall at Mizzou caused him to file the proposal. Rep. Dean Dohrman (R-La Monte).Missouri bill would require free speech class in collegeMissouri Lawyers Media (subscription)La ...
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.