The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Midstate College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||124 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1888, Midstate College is a private college with a strong background of providing students with essential business skills for over one hundred years. The campus is conveniently located in North Peoria, Illinois. The College moved its facility from the downtown Peoria historic location to the current location in October of 1997. The new site offers our students several new amenities including free parking, full handicap accessibility, spacious classrooms, and multiple computer laboratories. Midstate College is a relatively small college with a strong history of providing qualified graduates to employers for 117 years since our beginning in 1888. Students attend Midstate because they prefer the friendly, helpful, and caring atmosphere which is demonstrated by our faculty, staff, and administration. Midstate students often cite the individual attention and quality of instruction as primary reasons for their satisfaction with the College. eLearning provides learners the opportunity to pursue academic programs around their personal schedules. While weekly studies and participation are essential, students can attend class anytime of the day from anywhere. Many students find this mode of learning to be the best option when juggling time constraints with work and personal responsibilities. Midstate College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The North Central Association is designated as a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education.For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://www.midstate.edu/admissions/consumer.php
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,875 students | 5.40 Mi1 College Drive
East Peoria,  IL  61635
(309) 694-5422 5.408,875
- 1,436 students | 29.70 Mi23235 North County 22
Canton,  IL  61520
(309) 647-4645 29.701,436
- 5,063 students | 34.40 Mi1500 West Raab Road
Normal,  IL  61761
(309) 268-8000 34.405,063
- 1,860 students | 43.10 Mi2400 Tom L. Wilson Boulevard
Galesburg,  IL  61401
(309) 344-2518 43.101,860
- 968 students | 43.60 Mi300 Keokuk St
Lincoln,  IL  62656
(217) 732-3155 43.60968
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.