Middlesex Community College (Bedford)
- Middlesex Community College is a progressive and dynamic learning community, committed to providing educational programs andservices that support personal growth and economic opportunity for its diverse student population. Dedicated to student success, the College provides excellence in teaching, personal attention, and extensive opportunities for exploration and growth. Closely linked to the fabric of the community, Middlesex’s partnerships with school, business and service organizations provide leadership in economic and community development and foster a culture of civic engagement and responsive workforce development. The College’s state-of-the-art programs in the liberal arts, basic skills, and more thanfifty career and technical fields respond to student and community needs, providing a strong foundation for college transfer, employment, professional development and lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 283 teachers has grown by 5% over five years.
|Middlesex Community College (Bedford)||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||283 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,205 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,537 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,668 students||2,352 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,300||$35,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As the largest community college in the commonwealth, our students can choose from more than 79 degree and certificate programs, as well as hundreds of community education and career training courses offered during the day, evening, weekend and online. Many of our programs also have internships and Service-Learning components, which give our students important experiential learning opportunities many employers appreciate. Graduates of Middlesex Community College degree programs receive an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or an Associate in Science (A.S.). The A.A. programs are generally appropriate for students intending to transfer. A.S. programs usually have a career-entry emphasis.Associate degree programs require completion of specific course work in the area of concentration, plus a core curriculum of general education courses in liberal arts and sciences. Many serve as preparation for transfer to bachelor's degree programs in a related major. To receive the associate degree, students must complete at least 20 courses and earn a minimum of 60 credits. The number of credits varies, however, with totals from 60 to 73, according to the requirements of individual programs. The Bedford campus is situated on 200 acres located off Springs Road, close to Route 3. Set on handsomely landscaped grounds that border the town of Billerica, the campus incorporates 11 buildings that house classrooms, laboratories, offices, a library, the Medical Education Imaging Center and the MCC Concert Hall. A bookstore, cafeteria, student lounge and Fitness Center are located in the Bedford Campus Center. Teaching is student-centered, emphasizing interactive learning strategies, state-of-the-art technology, workplace and community service, and the incorporation of a forward-thinking core curriculum. Online classes, tutoring and library resources give students added flexibility for learning. Vibrant co-curricular opportunities reflect a broad array of interests and encourage a strong voice in student governance.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 283 students | 10.10 Mi170 Governors Ave
Medford,  MA  02155
- 2,070 students | 11.60 Mi1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Auburndale,  MA  02466
- 5,369 students | 13.70 Mi50 Oakland St
Wellesley Hills,  MA  02481
- 14,253 students | 13.90 Mi250 New Rutherford Ave
Charlestown,  MA  02129
- 874 students | 14.00 Mi129 Fisher Ave
Brookline,  MA  02445
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.