Top Southfield Community Colleges
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 top community college in Southfield, Michigan, serving 289 students.
- The average community college acceptance rate in Michigan is 71% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 63% of the student body (majority Black), and the student:teacher ratio is 26:1.
Top Southfield, MI Community Colleges (2018-19)
- College Location Students
- 26999 Central Park Blvd., Ste. 125
Southfield,  MI 48076
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.