Metropolitan Career Center Computer Technology Institute
Tel: (215) 568-9215
- MCC was founded in 1974 by members of the First United Methodist Church of Germantown?the Reverends Theodore Loder, John Rice, and Robert DeHaan. Through their leadership, disadvantaged young people in the Germantown community gained a resource that provided the basic education, work experience, and the direction they needed to start their careers. Today, MCC offers a variety of programs to meet the needs of the community. MCC matches job seekers and employers in the Philadelphia region. Through training and individualized support, MCC students learn the career-specific skills essential to succeeding in their chosen fields. Programs range from a one-month job readiness and placement program to longer vocational training in information technology and office administration. MCC is also a leader in developing customized employer-based training, to help regional companies meet specific hiring challenges. MCC also provides diploma and degree programs through its Computer Technology Institute, a post-secondary, accredited vocational school. An array of student support services adds to the strength and success of each program. For these services, MCC?s staff of advisors provide counseling, referrals, academic advising, and employment-related services.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Metropolitan Career Center Computer Technology Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||31 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||22 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9 students||246 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,800||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Metropolitan Career Center Computer Technology Institute is Peirce College (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,833 students | 0.40 Mi1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19102
(888) 467-3472 0.401,833
- 19,119 students | 0.80 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
(215) 751-8000 0.8019,119
- 79 students | 0.80 Mi1500 Spring Garden Street, Suite 101
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
(215) 574-9600 0.8079
- 59 students | 1.10 Mi1212 S Broad St
Philadelphia,  PA  19146
(215) 468-8800 1.1059
- 533 students | 1.60 Mi3600 Market St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
(215) 382-1553 1.60533
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.