Metropolitan Career Center Computer Technology Institute
- MCC was founded in 1974 by members of the First United Methodist Church of Germantown?the Reverends Theodore Loder, John Rice, and Robert DeHaan. Through their leadership, disadvantaged young people in the Germantown community gained a resource that provided the basic education, work experience, and the direction they needed to start their careers. Today, MCC offers a variety of programs to meet the needs of the community. MCC matches job seekers and employers in the Philadelphia region. Through training and individualized support, MCC students learn the career-specific skills essential to succeeding in their chosen fields. Programs range from a one-month job readiness and placement program to longer vocational training in information technology and office administration. MCC is also a leader in developing customized employer-based training, to help regional companies meet specific hiring challenges. MCC also provides diploma and degree programs through its Computer Technology Institute, a post-secondary, accredited vocational school. An array of student support services adds to the strength and success of each program. For these services, MCC?s staff of advisors provide counseling, referrals, academic advising, and employment-related services.
Top Placements (Pennsylvania)
Listed among the top community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 58% over five years.
|Metropolitan Career Center Computer Technology Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||31 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||22 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9 students||246 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,800||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Metropolitan Career Center Computer Technology Institute is The Art Institute of Philadelphia (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,953 students | 0.20 Mi1622 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19103
- 1,833 students | 0.40 Mi1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19102
- 19,119 students | 0.80 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
- 79 students | 0.80 MiThe Bourse Suite 300 111 S. Independence Mall East
Philadelphia,  PA  19106
- 59 students | 1.10 Mi1212 S Broad St
Philadelphia,  PA  19146
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.