Memorial School of Nursing
- Memorial Hospital School of Nursing has been educating and preparing students for fulfilling careers in nursing for more than a century. Our Associate Degree program educates and prepares students to become skilled and competent professional nurses (RN’s). Graduates earn a two-year Associate in Science degree and are eligible to apply for the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX). We also have articulation agreements with upper division BSN completion programs at a number of colleges. Memorial Hospital School of Nursing is affiliated with Northeast Health, the region’s most comprehensive not-for-profit network of healthcare, supportive housing and community services. Memorial Hospital School of Nursing enjoys a close working relationship with our sister school; Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing Our educational relationship with Hudson Valley Community College enables our nursing students to earn college credits for liberal arts and science support courses. The nursing school and the hospital’s Health Sciences Library are located on the ground floor of the East Wing on the Albany Memorial Hospital campus. Students participate in learning experiences that include classroom teaching, school labs, and clinical practices at Albany Memorial Hospital, Hudson Valley Community College and affiliating agencies. Our mission is to prepare students for entry into the profession of nursing as competent, caring practitioners.
Memorial School of Nursing places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 8% over five years.
|Memorial School of Nursing||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||131 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||11 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||120 students||538 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$47,800||$35,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Memorial School of Nursing is Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 748 students | 2.10 Mi855 Central Ave
Albany,  NY  12206
- 65 students | 2.40 Mi7 Harriman Campus Road
Albany,  NY  12206
- 837 students | 3.20 Mi700 New Scotland Avenue
Albany,  NY  12208
- 500 students | 3.50 Mi1259 Central Ave
Albany,  NY  12205
- 11,640 students | 3.70 Mi80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy,  NY  12180
Although Governor Jan Brewer vetoed the bill last year, Arizona lawmakers plan to introduce a new bill allowing guns on college campuses in 2012
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
Learn how to evaluate colleges based on accreditation, and why it's important.