Manchester Community College (Manchester - 6040)
- Manchester Community College is proud of its academic excellence, new facilities, flexible schedules, small classes, low tuition, and faculty members with both academic and “real-world” credentials. MCC is the largest of the state’s community colleges, with nearly 6,000 undergraduates in credit programs each year, and it has the largest percentage of traditional-aged college students among its sister schools.
- The teacher population of 249 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Manchester Community College (Manchester - 6040)||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||249 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,300 students||2,814 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,517 students||971 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,783 students||1,843 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$35,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1963, Manchester Community College is the only community college in the country nationally recognized for academic excellence by the Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation. MCC offers more than 90 degrees and certificates, with programs designed to fit the varying needs of students. Classes are held days, evenings, weekends, and online, and they prepare students for entry into a growing career field or transfer to a baccala-ureate institution for further study. Articulation agreements with the state's universities provide ease of transfer and maximize credits awarded. Financial aid is available, and comprehensive packages of grants, loans, scholarships, and work-study opportunities help make an MCC education affordable for all. MCC has more than 35 student clubs and organizations, including an award-winning newspaper, an international honor society, business organizations, professional clubs, social groups, cultural organizations, and a vibrant student government. The college hosts four NJCAA Division III sports teams—soccer and basketball for women, soccer and baseball for men—and its fitness center offers aerobic and weight-training facilities coupled with course offerings to meet students' individual fitness goals.Manchester Community College is a learner-centered institution committed to access, excellence and relevance. MCC enriches the academic, economic and cultural life of the community it serves by providing comprehensive, innovative and affordable life-long learning opportunities to diverse populations.
- The nearest community college to Manchester Community College (Manchester - 6040) is Goodwin College (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,440 students | 4.00 MiOne Riverside Drive
East Hartford,  CT  06118
- 4,075 students | 5.50 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
- 3,005 students | 15.70 Mi100 Training Hill Rd
Middletown,  CT  06457
- 1,603 students | 16.30 Mi170 Elm St
Enfield,  CT  06082
- 4,193 students | 16.50 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington,  CT  06032
Learn how community college can be a great start for becoming a scientist or engineer.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.