Lincoln Technical Institute-Suffield (Closed 2012)
|Lincoln Technical Institute-Suffield||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Number of Programs Offered||4|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,100||$35,500|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||46%||57%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$19,062||$10,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$5,500||$3,500|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2010)||71%||59%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ICHM offers these carefully designed programs to meet a student's individual needs and career aspirations. The college offers Associate of Science Degree in Culinary Arts Management, Associate of Science Degree in Hospitality Management Program, Certificate in Hospitality Management Program and Concentration in Events Management. In addition to coursework and practical experience, students receive intensive and highly personalized career training during their paid internships at prestigious hotels, restaurants, resorts and hospitality-related businesses in the United States and abroad. The Associate of Science Degree in Culinary Arts Management is a two-year program that prepares students for careers as chefs, chef/managers, entrepreneurs, restaurant chef/owners, and other culinary outcomes. The program features a comprehensive culinary curriculum as well as modern management techniques, and offers a solid foundation in liberal studies. The instruction is enhanced by an 675-hour culinary internship. The Associate of Science Degree in Hospitality Management is a two-year program that grounds students in hotel, restaurant, and / or tourism management. The program emphasizes professionalism, develops students' practical skills and management techniques, and offers a solid foundation in liberal studies. The program is enhanced by an 810-hour internship. The Certificate in Hospitality Management Program covers a one-year program of studies that provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to enter the hospitality industry with confidence. Two terms at the College are followed by an 800-hour paid U.S. internship.
- The nearest community college to Lincoln Technical Institute-Suffield is Asnuntuck Community College (3.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,603 students | 3.00 Mi170 Elm St
Enfield,  CT  06082
- 6,622 students | 6.00 Mi1 Armory Sq
Springfield,  MA  01105
- 6,604 students | 11.80 Mi303 Homestead Ave
Holyoke,  MA  01040
- 7,300 students | 17.90 MiGreat Path
Manchester,  CT  06040
- 4,075 students | 18.10 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.