Lincoln Technical Institute-Suffield (Closed 2012)
|Lincoln Technical Institute-Suffield||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Number of Programs Offered||4|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,100||$35,500|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||46%||57%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$19,062||$10,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$5,500||$3,500|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2010)||71%||59%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ICHM offers these carefully designed programs to meet a student's individual needs and career aspirations. The college offers Associate of Science Degree in Culinary Arts Management, Associate of Science Degree in Hospitality Management Program, Certificate in Hospitality Management Program and Concentration in Events Management. In addition to coursework and practical experience, students receive intensive and highly personalized career training during their paid internships at prestigious hotels, restaurants, resorts and hospitality-related businesses in the United States and abroad. The Associate of Science Degree in Culinary Arts Management is a two-year program that prepares students for careers as chefs, chef/managers, entrepreneurs, restaurant chef/owners, and other culinary outcomes. The program features a comprehensive culinary curriculum as well as modern management techniques, and offers a solid foundation in liberal studies. The instruction is enhanced by an 675-hour culinary internship. The Associate of Science Degree in Hospitality Management is a two-year program that grounds students in hotel, restaurant, and / or tourism management. The program emphasizes professionalism, develops students' practical skills and management techniques, and offers a solid foundation in liberal studies. The program is enhanced by an 810-hour internship. The Certificate in Hospitality Management Program covers a one-year program of studies that provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to enter the hospitality industry with confidence. Two terms at the College are followed by an 800-hour paid U.S. internship.
- The nearest community college to Lincoln Technical Institute-Suffield is Bay Path University (2.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,587 students | 2.60 Mi588 Longmeadow Street
Longmeadow,  MA  01106
- 1,603 students | 2.70 Mi170 Elm St
Enfield,  CT  06082
- 6,622 students | 6.00 Mi1 Armory Sq
Springfield,  MA  01105
- 6,604 students | 11.90 Mi303 Homestead Ave
Holyoke,  MA  01040
- 4,075 students | 18.00 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.