Lincoln College of Technology-Florence (Closed 2013)
- Southwestern College is committed to the educational and personal enrichment of our students. Each program is designed to help qualify the student for the entry-level employment requirements of industry, government, allied health, and business offices with promotable competence.
|Lincoln College of Technology-Florence||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$17,900||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||97%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$15,418||$12,638|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$4,097||$5,198|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2010)||81%||64%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- It is the philosophy of Southwestern College to establish and maintain standards that will foster the training, advancement, welfare, and best interest of our students. We train students in basic skills and real-world techniques which can help prepare them for future employment. We strive to develop student attitudes and habits that can help lead to promotion and success. We teach students to meet and adjust to the ever-changing conditions of the growing business and healthcare industries. The Northern Kentucky campus of Southwestern College of Business is located in Florence, Kentucky, just ten minutes south of Cincinnati, OH. Located near the Florence Mall, the Northern Kentucky Campus is part of Antique Center, a shopping center just off the Route 75 expressway. The facility is surrounded by local businesses and restaurants and is easily accessible by bus transportation. The facility includes lecture classrooms, computer lab, and a medical lab to assist in student learning. Southwestern career training programs currently offered at the Northern Kentucky Campus includes Massage Therapy, Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Assistant, Medical Coding and Billing, Phlebotomy, Accounting, Administrative Assistant, Business Administration, Computer Applications, Computerized Accounting and Computer Information Specialist. Southwestern College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- The nearest community college to Lincoln College of Technology-Florence is Beckfield College-Florence (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 712 students | 1.60 Mi16 Spiral Drive
Florence,  KY  41042
- 4,594 students | 2.20 Mi500 Technology Way
Florence,  KY  41042
- 306 students | 5.70 Mi309 Buttermilk Pike
Ft Mitchell,  KY  41017
- 29 students | 11.90 Mi119 Fairfield Avenue
Bellevue,  KY  41073
- 712 students | 11.90 Mi2139 Auburn Avenue
Cincinnati,  OH  45219
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.