Laurel Technical Institute (Sharon)
- The mission of Business Institute of Pennsylvania is to serve both the traditional student, who continues training shortly after graduation from high school, as well as the nontraditional student, who has been away from school for some time. In fulfilling this mission, an opportunity for all students to maintain marketable skills for employment in today's business and medical offices and to become successful both personally and professionally is provided.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Laurel Technical Institute (Sharon)||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||157 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||141 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16 students||246 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$18,700||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Business Institute of Pennsylvania, an accredited and locally owned business school, has campuses in Sharon and Meadville, Pennsylvania. The institute offers Associate degrees in Business Administration, Computerized Office Technology, Executive Administrative Assistant, Medical and Legal Secretary, Health Information Technology, and Medical Office Assistant. Diploma programs of 6- and 12-months include Medical Transcription, Bookkeeping, Receptionist, and Business Skills for College Graduates. Business Institute of Pennsylvania, founded in 1926, is a dynamic learning institution serving the Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio areas. The present owners took over the operation of the school in 1977 and have been instrumental in the numerous changes that have occurred. National accreditation, development of a Financial Aid Department, curriculum and equipment modernization, and community involvement are but a few examples of the implemented changes. The Business Institute offers customized training for area businesses. The minimum class size and material taught are negotiable and would be dependent on the specific needs of the business. Training is available on-site at the business or at the Business Institute. The Business Institute, accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, grants diplomas and Associate in Specialized Business Degrees to graduates who earn them.
- The nearest community college to Laurel Technical Institute (Sharon) is Winner Institute of Arts & Sciences (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.30 Mi32 W. State St.
Sharon,  PA  16146
- 539 students | 0.40 Mi147 Shenango Avenue
Sharon,  PA  16146
- 825 students | 9.90 Mi4177 Pulaksi Road
New Castle,  PA  16101
- 118 students | 10.00 Mi3487 Belmont Ave
Youngstown,  OH  44505
- 164 students | 11.50 Mi2076 Youngstown Warren Rd
Niles,  OH  44446
Learn about how community colleges across the nation are offering organic gardening classes, as well as opportunities to grow your own organic crops!
Choosing a college major can be tough, but you also need to think about choosing the right type of degree. Keep reading to learn about the five different types of college degrees and your earning potential for each one.
To a graduating high school senior, grades are everything. But how do colleges view bad grades and can you still get into college without a perfect GPA? Keep reading to find out.