Latter-Day Saints Business College
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Latter-Day Saints Business College||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,995 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||125:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,351 students||270 students|
|# Part-Time Students||644 students||644 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,500||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- LDS Business College has provided quality education for 127 years. The school began November 15, 1886, as the Salt Lake Academy under the direction of Dr. Karl G. Maeser and William B. Dougall. Willard Done, the first teacher, welcomed 84 students when the College first opened its doors. To provide excellent career-based education, the College adopts current technologies and responds to changes in market demands. Additionally, the College offers options that prepare students to transfer to other colleges and universities. All students receive a foundation for life-long learning. The college offers Associate of Applied Science degree in several skills areas and the Associate of Science in Integrated Studies for university and college transfer. Courses are offered in Accounting, Business Skills, Computer Science, Entrepreneurship, Information Technology, Interior Design, Medical Careers and Paralegal Studies. LDS Business College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges and Universities of the Northwest Association of Schools and of Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or the U. S. Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Latter-Day Saints Business College is Fortis College-Salt Lake City (6.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 371 students | 6.10 Mi3949 S 700 E Ste 150
Salt Lake City,  UT  84107
(801) 713-0915 6.10371
- 217 students | 6.30 Mi3280 W 3500 S
West Valley City,  UT  84119
(801) 840-4800 6.30217
- 30,248 students | 7.10 Mi4600 S Redwood Rd
Salt Lake City,  UT  84123
(801) 957-4111 7.1030,248
- 205 students | 7.50 Mi1350 W. 1890 S.
Ogden,  UT  84401
(801) 622-1567 7.50205
- 205 students | 8.40 Mi5588 South Green Street
Salt Lake City,  UT  84123
(801) 333-8100 8.40205
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.