Lake Area Technical Institute
Tel: (605) 882-5284
- Lake Area Technical Institute is a public institution of higher education dedicated to excellence in providing individuals with both technical and general education, thereby creating a foundation for career success and instilling a belief in the importance of lifelong learning.
The teacher population of 111 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lake Area Technical Institute||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||111 staff||70 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Area Technical Institute offers superior, comprehensive technical education,creating a foundation for success in an ever-changing world. The college offers training and education in Agriculture, Business, Health and Trade & Technical. Lake Area Technical Institute offers training for exciting careers in computer Programming, Networking, Cisco/Networking, Graphic and Web Design. All of these programs are 20 months in length. Since the first semester for all options is the same, the decision to specialize can be made later. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Lake Area Technical Institute is Minnesota West Community and Technical College (75.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,362 students | 75.30 Mi1593 11th Ave
Granite Falls,  MN  56241
(800) 658-2330 75.303,362
- 2,166 students | 93.30 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
(605) 367-7624 93.302,166
- 1,162 students | 95.00 Mi1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell,  SD  57301
(800) 684-1969 95.001,162
- 2,957 students | 97.60 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
(701) 671-2403 97.602,957
- 138 students | 98.10 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
(605) 977-0705 98.10138
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.