Lake Area Technical Institute
- Lake Area Technical Institute is a public institution of higher education dedicated to excellence in providing individuals with both technical and general education, thereby creating a foundation for career success and instilling a belief in the importance of lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 111 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lake Area Technical Institute||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||111 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,654 students||934 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,400 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||254 students||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Area Technical Institute offers superior, comprehensive technical education,creating a foundation for success in an ever-changing world. The college offers training and education in Agriculture, Business, Health and Trade & Technical. Lake Area Technical Institute offers training for exciting careers in computer Programming, Networking, Cisco/Networking, Graphic and Web Design. All of these programs are 20 months in length. Since the first semester for all options is the same, the decision to specialize can be made later. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Lake Area Technical Institute is Minnesota West Community and Technical College (75.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,182 students | 75.50 Mi1593 11th Ave
Granite Falls,  MN  56241
- 2,332 students | 93.40 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
- 1,198 students | 95.30 Mi1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell,  SD  57301
- 3,033 students | 97.50 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
- 138 students | 98.20 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.