Lake Area Technical Institute
- Lake Area Technical Institute is a public institution of higher education dedicated to excellence in providing individuals with both technical and general education, thereby creating a foundation for career success and instilling a belief in the importance of lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 111 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lake Area Technical Institute||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||111 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,654 students||934 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,400 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||254 students||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Area Technical Institute offers superior, comprehensive technical education,creating a foundation for success in an ever-changing world. The college offers training and education in Agriculture, Business, Health and Trade & Technical. Lake Area Technical Institute offers training for exciting careers in computer Programming, Networking, Cisco/Networking, Graphic and Web Design. All of these programs are 20 months in length. Since the first semester for all options is the same, the decision to specialize can be made later. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Lake Area Technical Institute is Minnesota West Community and Technical College (75.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,182 students | 75.50 Mi1593 11th Ave
Granite Falls,  MN  56241
- 2,332 students | 93.40 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
- 1,198 students | 95.30 Mi1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell,  SD  57301
- 3,033 students | 97.50 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
- 138 students | 98.20 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.