Lake Area Technical Institute
Tel: (605) 882-5284
- Lake Area Technical Institute is a public institution of higher education dedicated to excellence in providing individuals with both technical and general education, thereby creating a foundation for career success and instilling a belief in the importance of lifelong learning.
The teacher population of 111 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lake Area Technical Institute||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||111 staff||73 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Area Technical Institute offers superior, comprehensive technical education,creating a foundation for success in an ever-changing world. The college offers training and education in Agriculture, Business, Health and Trade & Technical. Lake Area Technical Institute offers training for exciting careers in computer Programming, Networking, Cisco/Networking, Graphic and Web Design. All of these programs are 20 months in length. Since the first semester for all options is the same, the decision to specialize can be made later. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Lake Area Technical Institute is Minnesota West Community and Technical College (75.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,182 students | 75.30 Mi1593 11th Ave
Granite Falls,  MN  56241
(800) 658-2330 75.303,182
- 2,332 students | 93.30 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
(605) 367-7624 93.302,332
- 1,162 students | 95.00 Mi1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell,  SD  57301
(800) 684-1969 95.001,162
- 3,033 students | 97.60 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
(701) 671-2403 97.603,033
- 138 students | 98.10 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
(605) 977-0705 98.10138
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!