Lake Area Technical Institute
Tel: (605) 882-5284
- Lake Area Technical Institute is a public institution of higher education dedicated to excellence in providing individuals with both technical and general education, thereby creating a foundation for career success and instilling a belief in the importance of lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 111 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lake Area Technical Institute||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||111 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,654 students||934 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,400 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||254 students||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Area Technical Institute offers superior, comprehensive technical education,creating a foundation for success in an ever-changing world. The college offers training and education in Agriculture, Business, Health and Trade & Technical. Lake Area Technical Institute offers training for exciting careers in computer Programming, Networking, Cisco/Networking, Graphic and Web Design. All of these programs are 20 months in length. Since the first semester for all options is the same, the decision to specialize can be made later. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Lake Area Technical Institute is Minnesota West Community and Technical College (75.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,182 students | 75.30 Mi1593 11th Ave
Granite Falls,  MN  56241
(800) 658-2330 75.303,182
- 2,332 students | 93.30 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
(605) 367-7624 93.302,332
- 1,162 students | 95.00 Mi1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell,  SD  57301
(800) 684-1969 95.001,162
- 3,033 students | 97.60 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
(701) 671-2403 97.603,033
- 138 students | 98.10 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
(605) 977-0705 98.10138
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.