Lake Area Technical Institute
- Lake Area Technical Institute is a public institution of higher education dedicated to excellence in providing individuals with both technical and general education, thereby creating a foundation for career success and instilling a belief in the importance of lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 111 teachers has declined by 26% over five years.
|Lake Area Technical Institute||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||111 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,654 students||934 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,400 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||254 students||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||$36,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Area Technical Institute offers superior, comprehensive technical education,creating a foundation for success in an ever-changing world. The college offers training and education in Agriculture, Business, Health and Trade & Technical. Lake Area Technical Institute offers training for exciting careers in computer Programming, Networking, Cisco/Networking, Graphic and Web Design. All of these programs are 20 months in length. Since the first semester for all options is the same, the decision to specialize can be made later. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Lake Area Technical Institute is Minnesota West Community and Technical College (75.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,182 students | 75.50 Mi1593 11th Ave
Granite Falls,  MN  56241
- 2,332 students | 93.40 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
- 1,187 students | 95.30 Mi1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell,  SD  57301
- 3,033 students | 97.50 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
- 138 students | 98.20 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
Learn more about the factors that can influence whether you graduate from community college.
We offer smart advice to students entering community college this fall to ensure they reap the greatest benefits from their time at the college.
Although Governor Jan Brewer vetoed the bill last year, Arizona lawmakers plan to introduce a new bill allowing guns on college campuses in 2012