Lake Area Technical Institute
- Lake Area Technical Institute is a public institution of higher education dedicated to excellence in providing individuals with both technical and general education, thereby creating a foundation for career success and instilling a belief in the importance of lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 111 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lake Area Technical Institute||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||111 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,654 students||934 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,400 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||254 students||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Area Technical Institute offers superior, comprehensive technical education,creating a foundation for success in an ever-changing world. The college offers training and education in Agriculture, Business, Health and Trade & Technical. Lake Area Technical Institute offers training for exciting careers in computer Programming, Networking, Cisco/Networking, Graphic and Web Design. All of these programs are 20 months in length. Since the first semester for all options is the same, the decision to specialize can be made later. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Lake Area Technical Institute is Minnesota West Community and Technical College (75.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,182 students | 75.50 Mi1593 11th Ave
Granite Falls,  MN  56241
- 2,332 students | 93.40 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
- 1,198 students | 95.30 Mi1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell,  SD  57301
- 3,033 students | 97.50 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
- 138 students | 98.20 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.