L E Fletcher Technical Community College
L E Fletcher Technical Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 72 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|L E Fletcher Technical Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||72 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,590 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,200 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,390 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$28,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- L. E. Fletcher Technical Community College is a student-oriented facility whose objective is to provide students with training and support required to reach their goals. The professional staff of L. E. Fletcher Technical Community College can provide both the academic and technical training needed to succeed in today's job market. The hands-on approach of instruction enables students to obtain the skills needed to succeed in their chosen career. We welcome the opportunity to provide you with the skills you need to succeed . Fletcher Technical Community College assures that its programs are responsive to the needs of the citizens, business and industry, and other educational institutions of Louisiana. Fletcher Technical Community College in conjunction with Region 3 Tech Prep will be offering a 3 day Technology Summer Camp. Activities will be offered by 9 different technical programs: Automotive, Air Conditioning, Drafting & Design, Electrical, Electronics, Machine, Marine, Marine Diesel, and Welding.
- The nearest community college to L E Fletcher Technical Community College is Blue Cliff College-Houma (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 218 students | 1.30 Mi803 Barrow St
Houma,  LA  70360
- n/a students | 13.70 Mi1425 Tiger Dr
Thibodaux,  LA  70301
- 2,992 students | 28.20 Mi900 Youngs Road
Morgan City,  LA  70380
- 1,723 students | 34.80 Mi181 Regala Pk Rd
Reserve,  LA  70084
- 361 students | 41.00 Mi2500 Williams Boulevard
Kenner,  LA  70062
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.