Kent State University Geauga and Twinsburg Academic Center
Tel: (440) 834-4187
- Kent State University at Geauga, located in historic Burton, Ohio serves Geauga County as well as Summit County with the Twinsburg Academic Center. As Geauga County`s only institution of higher education, Kent State Geauga plays a vital role in generating a more educated workforce, attracting and retaining qualified individuals to the area, and contributing to the positive economic development of the region. Kent State Geauga enrolls approximately 2,200 students year-round and offers more than 20 degree programs, including nursing, information technology, business management, psychology, and English, that can be completed in their entirety at the two locations. Taking courses at a regional campus also provides students the opportunity to begin coursework in more than 282 undergraduate degree programs at Kent State University.
- The teacher population of 75 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kent State University Geauga and Twinsburg Academic Center||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||75 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,050 students||734 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2008)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,700||$30,800|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Artists Unite, eSports, Geauga Gardners, Geauga Student Nurse Association, Media Club, National Student Nurses Association (Twinsburg), Undergraduate Student Government, Wellness Club
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. Kent State Geauga is the only institution of higher learning in Geauga County. Kent State's Geauga Campus lies at the heart of Ohio's maple syrup country and provides easy access to urban, suburban and rural areas. In 2013, Kent State University Geauga Campus opened a satellite location in Twinsburg, Ohio.r. Kent State Geauga and the Twinsburg Academic Center offers an array of noncredit programs and workshops for the student looking to continue their education, to include a wide range of certificate, associate, and bachelor degree programs. We also offer the first two years of coursework applicable toward all of the 282 academic programs available at Kent State University. It also features an excellent 26:1 student/teacher ratio, distance learning libraries, and technology components in many of our classrooms to enhance students' learning experiences. It offers excellent nursing degree programs (to include the associate and bachelor degree), business management/administration, accounting, information technology, middle childhood education and more.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Kent State University Geauga and Twinsburg Academic Center is Lakeland Community College (15.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,250 students | 15.60 Mi7700 Clocktower Drive
Willoughby,  OH  44094
(440) 525-7000 15.608,250
- 459 students | 16.80 Mi325 Alpha Park Dr
Cleveland,  OH  44143
(440) 449-1700 16.80459
- 471 students | 18.70 Mi35350 Curtis Blvd.
Eastlake,  OH  44095
(440) 510-1112 18.70471
- 202 students | 20.60 Mi21210 Emery Road
Cleveland,  OH  44128
(216) 881-1700 20.60202
- 2,799 students | 20.90 Mi4314 Mahoning Ave N.W.
Warren,  OH  44483
(330) 847-0571 20.902,799
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.