Kent State University Geauga and the Regional Academic Center
- Kent State University's eight-campus network, one of the largest regional systems in the country, serves both the development of a true living/learning approach at the Kent Campus and regional needs on seven other campuses throughout Northeast Ohio. The Kent Campus provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse university, while the Regional Campuses - Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas - offer the friendly, casual atmosphere of small liberal arts colleges.
- The teacher population of 75 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kent State University Geauga and the Regional Academic Center||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||75 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,050 students||734 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2008)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,700||$30,800|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
eSports, Geauga Student Nurse Association, Kent Kares, Twinsburg Student Nurse Association, Undergraduate Student Government, Wellness
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. Kent State Geauga is the only institution of higher learning in Geauga County. Kent State's Geauga Campus lies at the heart of Ohio's maple syrup country and provides easy access to urban, suburban and rural areas. In 2013, Kent State University Geauga Campus opened a satellite location in Twinsburg, Ohio named the Regional Academic Center. Kent State Geauga and the Regional Academic Center offers an array of noncredit programs and workshops for the student looking to continue their education, to include a wide range of certificate, associate, and bachelor degree programs. We also offer the first two years of coursework applicable toward all of the 272 academic programs available at Kent State University. It also features an excellent 26:1 student/teacher ratio, distance learning libraries, and technology components in many of our classrooms to enhance students' learning experiences. It offers excellent nursing degree programs (to include the Associate and Bachelor degree), business management/administration, accounting, information technology, middle childhood education and more.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Kent State University Geauga and the Regional Academic Center is Lakeland Community College (15.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,250 students | 15.50 Mi7700 Clocktower Drive
Willoughby,  OH  44094
- 459 students | 16.50 Mi325 Alpha Park Dr
Cleveland,  OH  44143
- 471 students | 18.40 Mi35350 Curtis Blvd.
Eastlake,  OH  44095
- 202 students | 20.20 Mi21210 Emery Road
Cleveland,  OH  44128
- 2,799 students | 21.40 Mi4314 Mahoning Ave N.W.
Warren,  OH  44483
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.