Kaplan University-Mason City Campus
- Hamilton College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate general education, professional skills, and career-focused education to empower students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials.
Kaplan University-Mason City Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
|Kaplan University-Mason City Campus||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||- staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||276 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||160 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||116 students||1,530 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||142 students||1,120 students|
|# Graduate Students||18 students||44 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,400||$36,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state. The College is proud of its carefully selected staff and faculty members who bring varied educational and work experiences from their fields. Many are involved on a day-to-day basis in their profession and contribute knowledge and skills that reflect the current trends and requirements of their respective fields. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- The nearest community college to Kaplan University-Mason City Campus is North Iowa Area Community College (7.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,950 students | 7.40 Mi500 College Dr
Mason City,  IA  50401
- 1,426 students | 24.40 Mi106 S Sixth St
Forest City,  IA  50436
- 949 students | 40.70 Mi1100 College Ave
Iowa Falls,  IA  50126
- 3,243 students | 40.80 Mi1900 8th Ave NW
Austin,  MN  55912
- 403 students | 60.90 Mi7009 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls,  IA  50613
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.