Kaplan University-Mason City Campus
- Hamilton College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate general education, professional skills, and career-focused education to empower students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials.
Kaplan University-Mason City Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
|Kaplan University-Mason City Campus||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||- staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||276 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||160 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||116 students||1,530 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||142 students||1,120 students|
|# Graduate Students||18 students||44 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,400||$36,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state. The College is proud of its carefully selected staff and faculty members who bring varied educational and work experiences from their fields. Many are involved on a day-to-day basis in their profession and contribute knowledge and skills that reflect the current trends and requirements of their respective fields. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- The nearest community college to Kaplan University-Mason City Campus is North Iowa Area Community College (4.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,950 students | 4.90 Mi500 College Dr
Mason City,  IA  50401
- 1,426 students | 22.60 Mi106 S Sixth St
Forest City,  IA  50436
- 3,243 students | 38.00 Mi1900 8th Ave NW
Austin,  MN  55912
- 949 students | 42.90 Mi1100 College Ave
Iowa Falls,  IA  50126
- 403 students | 61.00 Mi7009 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls,  IA  50613
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.