Kaplan University-Mason City Campus
Tel: (641) 423-2530
- Hamilton College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate general education, professional skills, and career-focused education to empower students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials.
Kaplan University-Mason City Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
|Kaplan University-Mason City Campus||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||- staff||95 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state. The College is proud of its carefully selected staff and faculty members who bring varied educational and work experiences from their fields. Many are involved on a day-to-day basis in their profession and contribute knowledge and skills that reflect the current trends and requirements of their respective fields. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
The nearest community college to Kaplan University-Mason City Campus is North Iowa Area Community College (7.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,950 students | 7.40 Mi500 College Dr
Mason City,  IA  50401
(641) 423-1264 7.402,950
- 1,426 students | 24.40 Mi106 S Sixth St
Forest City,  IA  50436
(800) 292-1903 24.401,426
- 949 students | 40.70 Mi1100 College Ave
Iowa Falls,  IA  50126
(800) 322-9235 40.70949
- 3,243 students | 40.80 Mi1900 8th Ave NW
Austin,  MN  55912
(507) 433-0600 40.803,243
- 403 students | 60.90 Mi7009 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls,  IA  50613
(319) 277-0220 60.90403
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!