Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus
- Hagerstown Business College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate general education, professional skills, and career-focused education, empowering students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus||(MD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||164 staff|
|Total Enrollment||911 students||4,515 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||182:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||260 students||1,174 students|
|# Part-Time Students||651 students||3,341 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||218 students||1,352 students|
|# Graduate Students||42 students||19 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,400||$37,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For over 65 years HBC has been providing quality career-oriented education to men and women in the areas of business, office technology, and medical and legal studies. We have one of the most medicated faculties, whose goal is to help you succeed. Our curriculum is practical, designed to give you what you need to get the job you want. Hagerstown Business College is dedicated to educational programs and services that promote occupational competency, professional awareness, and personal growth. Opportunities for development in these areas assist participants in their preparation for contributions to business and society as a whole. Hagerstown Business College (HBC), which included the Maryland Medical Secretarial School and the National Legal Secretarial School, was founded in July of 1938. The College was established as a proprietary institution devoted exclusively to teaching business subjects and preparing students to enter the business community with specific skills in specialized business professions. Since 1938, HBC has become an established leader in local training for area businesses. Our faculty possesses both the theory and practical experience to improve the efficiency of your operation in a timely and economical manner. Hagerstown Business College Offers up-to-date computers, qualified instructors, courses designed by specialists in curriculum development, custom-tailored courses and consulting services.
- The nearest community college to Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus is Hagerstown Community College (4.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,256 students | 4.20 Mi11400 Robinwood Dr
Hagerstown,  MD  21742
- 940 students | 15.00 Mi1 Campus Drive
Mont Alto,  PA  17237
- 140 students | 18.20 Mi287 Aikens Ctr Edwin Miller Blvd
Martinsburg,  WV  25404
- 5,528 students | 20.00 Mi13650 Apple Harvest Drive
Martinsburg,  WV  25403
- 6,031 students | 22.60 Mi7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick,  MD  21702
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.