Kaplan University-Cedar Rapids Campus
- Hamilton College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate general education, professional skills, and career-focused education to empower students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials. Hamilton College recognizes the worth and dignity of all people, and is sensitive to the diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds represented in its student population. All students are encouraged to reach their potential within the framework of their individual needs, interests, and capabilities. The College employs instructional methods based on adult learning theory and is committed to the development of each student's intellectual, analytical, and critical thinking abilities. Teaching techniques encourage active student participation and may include group discussions and projects, laboratory work, simulations, demonstrations, field trips, guest speakers, and lectures.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 61% over five years.
|Kaplan University-Cedar Rapids Campus||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||575 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||44:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||392 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||183 students||1,530 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||357 students||1,090 students|
|# Graduate Students||35 students||44 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,400||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state. The Cedar Falls campus was designated as the third branch campus of Hamilton College in 2000. Each campus has close ties within its community and surrounding communities, resulting in graduates placed in employment throughout the state. Quest Education Corporation purchased Hamilton College in November of 1998. Quest was purchased in July of 2000 by Kaplan, Inc. Quest and Kaplan are dedicated to continuing the same excellent education for which Hamilton College is known. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14,190 students | 3.70 Mi6301 Kirkwood Blvd SW
Cedar Rapids,  IA  52406
- 5,300 students | 45.90 Mi1501 E Orange Rd
Waterloo,  IA  50701
- 403 students | 52.20 Mi7009 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls,  IA  50613
- 2,041 students | 61.70 Mi3700 S Center St
Marshalltown,  IA  50158
- 8,143 students | 65.70 Mi306 W River Dr
Davenport,  IA  52801
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.