Kaplan University-Cedar Falls Campus
- Open the door to a world of new career training opportunities at Kaplan University. We’ve built a reputation of preparing our students for success in their chosen fields. Through career-focused degree programs, our experienced instructors teach technical skills and inside knowledge that you won’t find in most textbooks. With this training and experience, you could have a better chance of standing out in the competitive job market. Learn how you can earn a college degree and be on the move toward a satisfying, rewarding career. Kaplan University offers a career-focused curriculum, education for the real world, instructors who work in the field, support for busy adults, blended online/offline learning, and career placement services. Our programs are designed to provide you with knowledge and skills for the professional world, not just for the classroom. With employers increasingly hiring candidates with experience, training, and a formal education, an education from Kaplan University is just what you need. The programs we offer, some of which also provide externship opportunities, can prepare you for the real-life challenges of a new career.
Kaplan University-Cedar Falls Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kaplan University-Cedar Falls Campus||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||403 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||263 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||140 students||1,530 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||219 students||1,120 students|
|# Graduate Students||44 students||44 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,400||$36,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Kaplan University-Cedar Falls Campus is Hawkeye Community College (6.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,300 students | 6.60 Mi1501 E Orange Rd
Waterloo,  IA  50701
- 2,041 students | 40.40 Mi3700 S Center St
Marshalltown,  IA  50158
- 949 students | 41.80 Mi1100 College Ave
Iowa Falls,  IA  50126
- 575 students | 52.20 Mi3165 Edgewood Parkway SW
Cedar Rapids,  IA  52404
- 14,190 students | 55.90 Mi6301 Kirkwood Blvd SW
Cedar Rapids,  IA  52406
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.