- Maric College is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate the curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals. Our locations across California are all dedicated to providing a high level of education to prepare students for successful careers.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kaplan College-Vista||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||27 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||11||10|
|Total Enrollment||812 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||812 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,100||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||83%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,057||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,355||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Maric College is here to help with the best in career education. We offer hands-on career education for today's fastest-growing careers in the Arts & Design, Business, Healthcare and Legal fields. Caring instructors bring industry expertise to the classroom so you get more than career education, you get an inside look at your industry. Our day and evening classes allow working adults the flexibility to learn and earn at the same time. With locations throughout California, you can receive rewarding career education that conveniently fits around your busy schedule. Maric College is part of a network of over 75 schools nationwide offering quality career-focused education. The tradition of excellence began in 1987 when Educational Medical, Inc. purchased three well-respected Maric Colleges - a group of career colleges offering training in the allied health fields - in Southern California. In 1998, Educational Medical, Inc. changed its name to Quest Education Corporation to better reflect the diversity of programs within the 30 schools operating in 11 states. In August of 2000, Quest Education Corporation was purchased by Kaplan, Inc., a division of the Washington Post. Quest Education Corporation changed its name to Kaplan Higher Education Corporation in 2002.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 24,914 students | 2.60 Mi1140 W. Mission
San Marcos,  CA  92069
- 14,687 students | 4.80 MiOne Barnard Drive
Oceanside,  CA  92056
- 168 students | 5.00 Mi1950 Camino Vida Roble, Ste. 125
Carlsbad,  CA  92008
- 11,876 students | 19.30 Mi10440 Black Mountain Rd
San Diego,  CA  92126
- 796 students | 24.70 Mi8888 Balboa Ave
San Diego,  CA  92123
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.