Kaplan College-Phoenix (Closed 2012)
- Long Technical College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate professional skills and career-focused education, empowering students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials.
|Kaplan College-Phoenix||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,500||$31,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||80%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$9,500||$10,093|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$5,746||$4,750|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2008)||93%||92%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Long Technical College (formerly Long Medical Institute) originated as a result of combining two separate schools, Scottsdale Educational Center and the Institute of Medical And Dental Technology, and was formerly known as Scottsdale Educational Center. The first students were enrolled at Scottsdale Educational Center in March of 1972. The College employs instructional methods based on adult learning theory and is committed to the development of each student's intellectual, analytical, and critical thinking abilities. Teaching techniques encourage active student participation and may include group discussions and projects, laboratory work, simulations, demonstrations, field trips, guest speakers and lectures. A strong emphasis is placed on ethics, accountability, professionalism, and the individuals commitment to pursuing lifelong personal and professional development. Long Technical College believes that education should promote the development of positive self-esteem. The College Career Services Department will assist students in their job search. Career services include assistance with resume writing, interviewing, identifying job openings, and other job search activities.
- The nearest community college to Kaplan College-Phoenix is Brown Mackie College-Phoenix (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 648 students | 0.10 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix,  AZ  85029
- 1,468 students | 3.10 Mi2445 W. Dunlap Ave., Ste. 100
Phoenix,  AZ  85021
- 617 students | 3.40 Mi8503 N 27th Ave.
Phoenix,  AZ  85051
- 630 students | 3.70 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale,  AZ  85302
- 20,506 students | 5.00 Mi6000 W Olive Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85302
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.