Kaplan College-Phoenix (Closed 2012)
- Long Technical College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate professional skills and career-focused education, empowering students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials.
|Kaplan College-Phoenix||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,500||$31,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||80%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$9,500||$10,093|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$5,746||$4,750|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2008)||93%||92%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Long Technical College (formerly Long Medical Institute) originated as a result of combining two separate schools, Scottsdale Educational Center and the Institute of Medical And Dental Technology, and was formerly known as Scottsdale Educational Center. The first students were enrolled at Scottsdale Educational Center in March of 1972. The College employs instructional methods based on adult learning theory and is committed to the development of each student's intellectual, analytical, and critical thinking abilities. Teaching techniques encourage active student participation and may include group discussions and projects, laboratory work, simulations, demonstrations, field trips, guest speakers and lectures. A strong emphasis is placed on ethics, accountability, professionalism, and the individuals commitment to pursuing lifelong personal and professional development. Long Technical College believes that education should promote the development of positive self-esteem. The College Career Services Department will assist students in their job search. Career services include assistance with resume writing, interviewing, identifying job openings, and other job search activities.
- The nearest community college to Kaplan College-Phoenix is Brown Mackie College-Phoenix (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 648 students | 0.10 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix,  AZ  85029
- 1,468 students | 3.10 Mi2445 W. Dunlap Ave., Ste. 100
Phoenix,  AZ  85021
- 617 students | 3.40 Mi8503 N 27th Ave.
Phoenix,  AZ  85051
- 630 students | 3.70 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale,  AZ  85302
- 20,506 students | 5.00 Mi6000 W Olive Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85302
While dental procedures are typically expensive, preventative services at your local community college is very affordable - if not free! Learn about how you can get low cost dental services through your community college's dental hygienist training program.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.