- Kaplan College offers you training in the skills needed to not only seek an entry-level position in your new career choice, but to potentially thrive in it. Our hands-on approach, coupled with our personal attention, can provide you with the tools necessary to fill the current needs of employers in your chosen industry. Explore how Kaplan College can help you reach your desired goals for the future. Kaplan College believes in helping you reach your full potential within the framework of your individual needs, interests, and capabilities. In addition to providing academic support, we offer assistance beyond the classroom. Some of the services we provide include individual advisement, tutoring, career services, and even assistance in locating needed social services. Both our faculty and staff strive to assist you on your path to a better future in a fulfilling career. Our faculty members bring varied educational and work experience from their fields, offering insight into the current trends and requirements of their professions. Our shared vision is for you to achieve the personal and professional future you dream of.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 55% over five years.
|Kaplan College-Modesto||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||10|
|Total Enrollment||429 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||429 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,000||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||88%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,025||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,244||$5,500|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2008)||95%||94%|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Kaplan College-Modesto is San Joaquin Valley College-Modesto (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.40 Mi5380 Pirrone Rd
Salida,  CA  95368
- 19,262 students | 5.90 Mi435 College Ave
Modesto,  CA  95350
- 1,025 students | 22.80 Mi1605 E March Ln
Stockton,  CA  95210
- 18,572 students | 23.20 Mi5151 Pacific Ave
Stockton,  CA  95207
- 549 students | 23.50 Mi1313 W. Robinhood Drive, Suite B
Stockton,  CA  95207
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.