Kaplan College-Merrillville (Closed 2012)
- Kaplan College is part of Kaplan Higher Education, one of the nation's leading education providers. As a graduate of Kaplan College, you can increase your potential for finding entry-level employment in a career that is both financially and professionally rewarding. In Merrillville, you will find casual and fine dining, movie theaters, live music performances, and shopping.
|Kaplan College-Merrillville||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||8|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,400||$29,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$9,492||$13,908|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$4,000||$4,500|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Kaplan College-Merrillville is Brown Mackie College-Merrillville (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 512 students | 1.80 Mi1000 E 80th Place, Suite 2055
Merrillville,  IN  46410
- 218 students | 4.10 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 8,559 students | 6.20 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 4,574 students | 18.40 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
- 4,329 students | 19.40 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
Make sure you don't become part of a community college "dropout factory" by considering these 10 factors when choosing a community college.
In an effort to compete with for-profit schools, New York community colleges have launched an alliance to offer distance learning to make classes more accessible to students.
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the 2019-20 school year for over 14 million college students. Read on to learn the impact of COVID-19 on current students and how colleges around the country are reacting.