Kaplan College-Merrillville (Closed 2012)
- Kaplan College is part of Kaplan Higher Education, one of the nation's leading education providers. As a graduate of Kaplan College, you can increase your potential for finding entry-level employment in a career that is both financially and professionally rewarding. In Merrillville, you will find casual and fine dining, movie theaters, live music performances, and shopping.
|Kaplan College-Merrillville||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||8|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,400||$29,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$9,492||$13,908|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$4,000||$4,500|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Kaplan College-Merrillville is Brown Mackie College-Merrillville (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 512 students | 1.80 Mi1000 E 80th Place, Suite 2055
Merrillville,  IN  46410
- 218 students | 4.10 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 8,559 students | 6.30 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 299 students | 11.90 Mi7833 Indianapolis Blvd
Hammond,  IN  46324
- 4,574 students | 18.30 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.