Kaplan College-Merrillville (Closed 2012)
- Kaplan College is part of Kaplan Higher Education, one of the nation's leading education providers. As a graduate of Kaplan College, you can increase your potential for finding entry-level employment in a career that is both financially and professionally rewarding. In Merrillville, you will find casual and fine dining, movie theaters, live music performances, and shopping.
|Kaplan College-Merrillville||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||8|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,400||$29,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$9,492||$13,908|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$4,000||$4,500|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Kaplan College-Merrillville is Brown Mackie College-Merrillville (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 512 students | 1.80 Mi1000 E 80th Place, Suite 2055
Merrillville,  IN  46410
- 218 students | 4.10 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 8,559 students | 6.30 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 299 students | 11.90 Mi7833 Indianapolis Blvd
Hammond,  IN  46324
- 4,574 students | 18.30 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.