Kaplan College-Merrillville (Closed 2012)
- Kaplan College is part of Kaplan Higher Education, one of the nation's leading education providers. As a graduate of Kaplan College, you can increase your potential for finding entry-level employment in a career that is both financially and professionally rewarding. In Merrillville, you will find casual and fine dining, movie theaters, live music performances, and shopping.
|Kaplan College-Merrillville||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||8|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,400||$29,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$9,492||$13,908|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$4,000||$4,500|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Kaplan College-Merrillville is Brown Mackie College-Merrillville (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 512 students | 1.80 Mi1000 E 80th Place, Suite 2055
Merrillville,  IN  46410
- 218 students | 4.10 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 8,559 students | 6.30 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 299 students | 11.90 Mi7833 Indianapolis Blvd
Hammond,  IN  46324
- 4,574 students | 18.30 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
To a graduating high school senior, grades are everything. But how do colleges view bad grades and can you still get into college without a perfect GPA? Keep reading to find out.
Though homeschoolers often get a bad rap, they are some of the highest performing students in the country - especially in college. Keep reading to learn more about community college for homeschoolers including tips for applying and preparing for college.
Remedial education exists to help struggling students succeed in college-level classes. Unfortunately, the existing model may be doing more harm than good. Keep reading to learn more about the history of remedial education and what community colleges are doing to change it.