Kaplan College-Las Vegas
- Heritage College is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate the curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 233% over five years.
|Kaplan College-Las Vegas||(NV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||40 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||9|
|Total Enrollment||944 students||3,024 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||37:1|
|# Full-Time Students||944 students||919 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,000||-|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||87%||75%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,186||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heritage College, formerly Professional Careers, Inc., was founded in 1990 and now provides a variety of career training programs. In January of 1994, the College started its first class in Travel and Tourism. Five months later, in May of 1994, the first students started in the Medical Assistant program. In July of 1996, the College received accreditation approval to offer an Associate of Arts degree in Paralegal Studies. In February of 1997, the College received approval to offer a diploma in Computerized Business Administration. In July of 1997, Professional Careers, Inc., received approval to change the name of the College to Heritage College. On January 2, 1998, Southwest Education Group, LLC purchased Heritage College Careers, Inc. In October of 1999, the College received approval to offer a diploma in Pharmacy Technician. In April of 2001, the College received approval to offer an Associate of Arts degree in Computerized Information Systems. In May of 2001, the College received approval to offer a diploma in Computerized Information Systems and Associate of Arts degrees in Health Information Technician, Medical Assistant, Computerized Business Administration, Travel and Tourism and Pharmacy Technician. In February of 2002, the College moved to its current location. Heritage College is located at Las Vegas, Nevada. The facility consists of eight lecture classrooms, four computer lab classrooms, a medical assistant lab, a pharmacy lab, a library/resource center, a student lounge, massage therapy lab, a reception area, administrative offices and restrooms. Program offered at Heritage College includes Computer Business Systems, Criminal Justice, Medical Assistant, Medical Insurance Coder and Biller, Paralegal and Pharmacy Technician. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 31,023 students | 2.50 Mi6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas,  NV  89146
- 988 students | 5.30 Mi3333 East Flamingo Road
Las Vegas,  NV  89121
- 587 students | 7.60 Mi1451 Center Crossing Road
Las Vegas,  NV  89144
- 952 students | 9.90 Mi2350 Corporate Circle
Henderson,  NV  89074
- 800 students | 10.80 Mi170 North Stephaine Suite 145
Henderson,  NV  89074
June 19, 2018
Community colleges have responded to the needs of working adults with online options.
June 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
June 18, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.