Kaplan College-Las Vegas
- Heritage College is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate the curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kaplan College-Las Vegas||(NV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||40 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||9|
|Total Enrollment||944 students||3,024 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||37:1|
|# Full-Time Students||944 students||919 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,000||$30,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||87%||87%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$11,591|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,186||$5,500|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2008)||87%||52%|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heritage College, formerly Professional Careers, Inc., was founded in 1990 and now provides a variety of career training programs. In January of 1994, the College started its first class in Travel and Tourism. Five months later, in May of 1994, the first students started in the Medical Assistant program. In July of 1996, the College received accreditation approval to offer an Associate of Arts degree in Paralegal Studies. In February of 1997, the College received approval to offer a diploma in Computerized Business Administration. In July of 1997, Professional Careers, Inc., received approval to change the name of the College to Heritage College. On January 2, 1998, Southwest Education Group, LLC purchased Heritage College Careers, Inc. In October of 1999, the College received approval to offer a diploma in Pharmacy Technician. In April of 2001, the College received approval to offer an Associate of Arts degree in Computerized Information Systems. In May of 2001, the College received approval to offer a diploma in Computerized Information Systems and Associate of Arts degrees in Health Information Technician, Medical Assistant, Computerized Business Administration, Travel and Tourism and Pharmacy Technician. In February of 2002, the College moved to its current location. Heritage College is located at Las Vegas, Nevada. The facility consists of eight lecture classrooms, four computer lab classrooms, a medical assistant lab, a pharmacy lab, a library/resource center, a student lounge, massage therapy lab, a reception area, administrative offices and restrooms. Program offered at Heritage College includes Computer Business Systems, Criminal Justice, Medical Assistant, Medical Insurance Coder and Biller, Paralegal and Pharmacy Technician. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Kaplan College-Las Vegas is College of Southern Nevada (2.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 31,023 students | 2.50 Mi6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas,  NV  89146
- 988 students | 5.30 Mi3333 East Flamingo Road
Las Vegas,  NV  89121
- 587 students | 7.60 Mi1451 Center Crossing Road
Las Vegas,  NV  89144
- 952 students | 9.90 Mi2350 Corporate Circle
Henderson,  NV  89074
- 800 students | 10.80 Mi170 North Stephaine Suite 145
Henderson,  NV  89074
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.