Kaplan College-Indianapolis (Closed 2013)
- We at Professional Careers Institute are dedicated to assisting students in acquiring marketable skills for the workplace of today and the future. We have designed our programs to include both theory and practical hands-on application to help students develop newly acquired skills and gain confidence in their new abilities.
|Kaplan College-Indianapolis||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,900||$30,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||90%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$9,500||$17,800|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$3,518||$4,867|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Professional Careers Institute, the student is able to earn an Associate of Applied Science or Associate of Arts Degree as applicable. All programs include an externship or clinicals which build upon the classroom experience. The externship enables the student to apply newly learned skills in a workplace environment. The student can earn diplomas at Professional Careers Institute in Dental Assistant, Massage Therapy, Medical/Dental Office Administration, Medical Assistant and Computer Office Administration. PCI occupies approximately 17,500 square feet with lighted parking surrounding the facility. The facility includes classrooms, laboratories, a library/resource center, a student lounge and offices. PCI is easily accessible and is located just off Interstate 465 at the 71st Street exit on the west side of Indianapolis. Professional Careers Institute is fully aAccredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
- The nearest community college to Kaplan College-Indianapolis is Lincoln College of Technology-Indianapolis (1.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,199 students | 1.10 Mi7225 Winton Drive - Building 128
Indianapolis,  IN  46268
- 91,179 students | 8.10 Mi50 W. Fall Creek Parkway N. Drive
Indianapolis,  IN  46208
- 143 students | 9.20 Mi7251 W McCarty St
Indianapolis,  IN  46241
- 995 students | 9.20 Mi1200 N Meridian St, Ste 100
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
- 3,498 students | 10.30 Mi550 East Washington Street
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.