Kaplan Career Institute-Philadelphia
- Since 1918, Thompson Institute has been providing comprehensive vocational training to those who desire it. Our small class sizes and experienced instructors give our students the edge needed to succeed. From the moment our students enroll until it's time to start the job search, Thompson Institute is there every step of the way. Our classrooms are equipped with industry-specific equipment, so our students learn on the equipment used on the job.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kaplan Career Institute-Philadelphia||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||8|
|Total Enrollment||610 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||610 students||372 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||92%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,327||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our programs emphasize hands-on training and are relevant to employers' needs, focusing on areas that offer strong employment opportunities. Thompson Institute instills in all its students the excitement and passion to continue along the path of knowledge for lifelong learning. At Thompson Institute students learn not only the skills they need to assist in securing their desired jobs, but also those necessary to develop the professional qualities necessary for longevity and continued professional growth. The Career Services Department works hand-in-hand with school faculty to provide professional development skills. The college offers programs in Allied Health and Trades. The College offers Medical Assisting Diploma, Medical Office Management Diploma, Dental Assistant amongst others. The college is accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award diplomas. The Thompson Institute/Philadelphia Campus, Medical Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- The nearest community college to Kaplan Career Institute-Philadelphia is Lincoln Technical Institute-Center City Philadelphia (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 533 students | 0.60 Mi3600 Market St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
- 19,119 students | 1.10 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
- 31 students | 1.10 Mi100 South Broad Street, Suite 830
Philadelphia,  PA  19110
- 1,833 students | 1.10 Mi1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19102
- 79 students | 1.20 Mi1500 Spring Garden Street, Suite 101
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.