Kaplan Career Institute-Philadelphia
- Since 1918, Thompson Institute has been providing comprehensive vocational training to those who desire it. Our small class sizes and experienced instructors give our students the edge needed to succeed. From the moment our students enroll until it's time to start the job search, Thompson Institute is there every step of the way. Our classrooms are equipped with industry-specific equipment, so our students learn on the equipment used on the job.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 35% over five years.
|Kaplan Career Institute-Philadelphia||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||8|
|Total Enrollment||610 students||571 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||610 students||354 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.48||0.57|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||92%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$13,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,327||$6,246|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our programs emphasize hands-on training and are relevant to employers' needs, focusing on areas that offer strong employment opportunities. Thompson Institute instills in all its students the excitement and passion to continue along the path of knowledge for lifelong learning. At Thompson Institute students learn not only the skills they need to assist in securing their desired jobs, but also those necessary to develop the professional qualities necessary for longevity and continued professional growth. The Career Services Department works hand-in-hand with school faculty to provide professional development skills. The college offers programs in Allied Health and Trades. The College offers Medical Assisting Diploma, Medical Office Management Diploma, Dental Assistant amongst others. The college is accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award diplomas. The Thompson Institute/Philadelphia Campus, Medical Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 533 students | 0.60 Mi3600 Market St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
- 1,953 students | 0.90 Mi1622 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19103
- 19,119 students | 1.10 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
- 31 students | 1.10 Mi100 South Broad Street, Suite 830
Philadelphia,  PA  19110
- 1,833 students | 1.10 Mi1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19102
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.