- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Hussian College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||79 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||79 students||372 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2014)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Hussian College is a four-year professional career school dedicated exclusively to the Graphic Arts. Our main objectives are: to give students as much real world experience as possible before they ever look for a job; and to ensure each student receives a well-rounded, well-founded design and illustration education that integrates the best of traditional media with the exciting possibilities of evolving new media. The college offers an Art curriculum in Graphic Design, Digital Media and Visual Communications. First year includes basic foundation courses to develop a comprehensive understanding of the theory, vocabulary and techniques common to all visual arts. In the second year, Intermediate and Advanced courses are covered to further enhance a working knowledge of the tools, equipment, technology and elements of problem-solving in design. In the third year student focus on major; Advertising or Illustration. In the fourth year full concentration on Advertising or Illustration major. Courses emphasize refinement of creative and artistic skills and preparation of professional portfolio. Hussian College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Hussian College is Community College of Philadelphia (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 19,119 students | 0.20 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
- 31 students | 0.80 Mi100 South Broad Street, Suite 830
Philadelphia,  PA  19110
- 1,833 students | 1.20 Mi1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19102
- 533 students | 1.70 Mi3600 Market St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
- 59 students | 1.90 Mi1212 S Broad St
Philadelphia,  PA  19146
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.