The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 38% over five years.
|Hiwassee College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||36 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1849, Hiwassee College is one the oldest private institutions in the State of Tennessee. Its campus has grown from the original seven acres donated by Reverend Daniel B. Carter to start the College to a campus comprised of eighteen buildings situated on sixty acres of a four hundred acre tract of land located just one mile north of the town of Madisonville. The College offers a variety of university parallel and career/vocational programs leading to the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, Bachelor of Arts, and Bachelor of Science degrees. Located in Madisonville, Tennessee, Hiwassee is a private, four-year residential college with an enrollment of approximately 450 students. This little college has been fulfilling big dreams since its inception in 1849. Rated as one of three most affordable private colleges in Tennessee, Hiwassee professors, students, and athletic teams frequently receive statewide, national, and even international recognition. Hiwassee College is a member of the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS). TRACS is recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE), the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE). The College is further accredited by the University Senate of The United Methodist Church and the Tennessee State Department of Education.
The nearest community college to Hiwassee College is Roane State Community College (26.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,688 students | 26.50 Mi276 Patton Lane
Harriman, TN 37748
(865) 354-3000 26.505,688
- 10,894 students | 28.90 Mi10915 Hardin Valley Road
Knoxville, TN 37933
(865) 694-6400 28.9010,894
- 2,722 students | 35.10 Mi3904 Lonas Road
Knoxville, TN 37909
(865) 251-1800 35.102,722
- 3,892 students | 37.90 Mi3535 Adkisson Drive
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 472-7141 37.903,892
- 963 students | 40.60 Mi21 Campus Circle
Murphy, NC 28906
(828) 837-6810 40.60963
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.