Highland Community College (Highland)
- Highland Community College is an open-admissions institution serving residents and non-residents of the state of Kansas. We offer you an excellent array of opportunities to make choices, both academically and with extracurricular activities.
The teacher population of 140 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Highland Community College (Highland)||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||140 staff||62 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The most important people in ensuring the quality of your academic life at HCC are the faculty. Just as they are prepared to assist you in the classroom with quality instruction, they will also be involved with you outside the classroom as advisors, intramural opponents, and friends. The Highland Community College Adult Education Program, in collaboration with multiple service agencies and educational institutions in Northeast Kansas, enables undereducated area adults to further their education and thus improve the quality of their lives by providing meaningful educational opportunities and support services. Highland Community College offers a variety of allied health courses for college credit.
The nearest community college to Highland Community College (Highland) is Northeast Kansas Technical Center (21.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 289 students | 21.20 Mi1501 W Riley St
Atchison,  KS  66002
(913) 367-6204 21.20289
- 140 students | 49.70 Mi11500 N Ambassador Ste 221
Kansas City,  MO  64153
(816) 270-5300 49.70140
- n/a students | 57.60 Mi2601 NE Barry Road
Kansas City,  MO  64156
- 6,198 students | 58.10 Mi7250 State Ave
Kansas City,  KS  66112
(913) 334-1100 58.106,198
- 474 students | 61.40 Mi608 N 18th St
Kansas City,  KS  66102
(913) 621-8700 61.40474
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!