Highland Community College (Highland)
- Highland Community College is an open-admissions institution serving residents and non-residents of the state of Kansas. We offer you an excellent array of opportunities to make choices, both academically and with extracurricular activities.
- The teacher population of 140 teachers has grown by 29% over five years.
|Highland Community College (Highland)||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||140 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,217 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,128 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,089 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||471||299|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,700||$34,000|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The most important people in ensuring the quality of your academic life at HCC are the faculty. Just as they are prepared to assist you in the classroom with quality instruction, they will also be involved with you outside the classroom as advisors, intramural opponents, and friends. The Highland Community College Adult Education Program, in collaboration with multiple service agencies and educational institutions in Northeast Kansas, enables undereducated area adults to further their education and thus improve the quality of their lives by providing meaningful educational opportunities and support services. Highland Community College offers a variety of allied health courses for college credit.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 289 students | 21.30 Mi1501 W Riley St
Atchison,  KS  66002
- 164 students | 24.70 Mi3709 N. Belt Hwy
Saint Joseph,  MO  64506
- 140 students | 49.60 Mi11500 N Ambassador Ste 221
Kansas City,  MO  64153
- 6,198 students | 58.40 Mi7250 State Ave
Kansas City,  KS  66112
- 474 students | 61.40 Mi608 N 18th St
Kansas City,  KS  66102
(913) 621-8700 61.40474
March 21, 2018
Learn how community colleges are outperforming 4 year universities in several different areas.
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.