Highland Community College (Highland)
- Highland Community College is an open-admissions institution serving residents and non-residents of the state of Kansas. We offer you an excellent array of opportunities to make choices, both academically and with extracurricular activities.
- The teacher population of 140 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Highland Community College (Highland)||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||140 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,217 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,128 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,089 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||471||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,700||$34,000|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The most important people in ensuring the quality of your academic life at HCC are the faculty. Just as they are prepared to assist you in the classroom with quality instruction, they will also be involved with you outside the classroom as advisors, intramural opponents, and friends. The Highland Community College Adult Education Program, in collaboration with multiple service agencies and educational institutions in Northeast Kansas, enables undereducated area adults to further their education and thus improve the quality of their lives by providing meaningful educational opportunities and support services. Highland Community College offers a variety of allied health courses for college credit.
- The nearest community college to Highland Community College (Highland) is Northeast Kansas Technical Center (21.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 289 students | 21.30 Mi1501 W Riley St
Atchison,  KS  66002
- 140 students | 49.60 Mi11500 N Ambassador Ste 221
Kansas City,  MO  64153
- n/a students | 57.60 Mi2601 NE Barry Road
Kansas City,  MO  64156
- 6,198 students | 58.40 Mi7250 State Ave
Kansas City,  KS  66112
- 474 students | 61.40 Mi608 N 18th St
Kansas City,  KS  66102
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.