Highland Community College (Freeport)
Tel: (815) 235-6121
- Highland Community college is committed to shaping the future of our communities by providing quality education and learning opportunities through programs and services that encourage the personal and professional growth of the people of northwestern Illinois.
- The teacher population of 77 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Highland Community College (Freeport)||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||77 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,730 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||965 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||765 students||2,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Highland Community College offers more than 60 programs of applied and transfer degrees, community education and business training. In addition to comprehensive academic programming, Highland provides theatre, art and music opportunities for the community. Highland Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association’s Academic Quality Improvement Program. Located in Freeport and Elizabeth, Highland is conveniently positioned in the tri-state region with access to several major metropolitan areas. For more information about Highland Community College, call 815.235.6121 or visit www.highland.edu.
- The nearest community college to Highland Community College (Freeport) is Sauk Valley Community College (29.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,211 students | 29.50 Mi173 Illinois Rt 2
Dixon,  IL  61021
(815) 288-5511 29.502,211
- 434 students | 32.80 Mi1130 South Alpine Road
Rockford,  IL  61108
(815) 965-8616 32.80434
- 1,580 students | 34.30 Mi6000 East State Street, 4th Floor
Rockford,  IL  61108
(815) 316-4800 34.301,580
- 7,737 students | 34.60 Mi3301 N Mulford Rd
Rockford,  IL  61114
(815) 921-7821 34.607,737
- 105 students | 36.80 Mi701 Portland Ave
Morrison,  IL  61270
(815) 772-7218 36.80105
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.