Highland Community College (Freeport)
- Highland Community college is committed to shaping the future of our communities by providing quality education and learning opportunities through programs and services that encourage the personal and professional growth of the people of northwestern Illinois.
- The teacher population of 77 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Highland Community College (Freeport)||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||77 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,730 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||965 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||765 students||2,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Highland Community College offers more than 60 programs of applied and transfer degrees, community education and business training. In addition to comprehensive academic programming, Highland provides theatre, art and music opportunities for the community. Highland Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association’s Academic Quality Improvement Program. Located in Freeport and Elizabeth, Highland is conveniently positioned in the tri-state region with access to several major metropolitan areas. For more information about Highland Community College, call 815.235.6121 or visit www.highland.edu.
- The nearest community college to Highland Community College (Freeport) is Sauk Valley Community College (31.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,211 students | 31.40 Mi173 Illinois Rt 2
Dixon,  IL  61021
- 434 students | 32.80 Mi1130 South Alpine Road
Rockford,  IL  61108
- 1,580 students | 34.20 Mi6000 East State Street, 4th Floor
Rockford,  IL  61108
- 7,737 students | 34.40 Mi3301 N Mulford Rd
Rockford,  IL  61114
- 105 students | 36.50 Mi701 Portland Ave
Morrison,  IL  61270
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.