- Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 60614-1413, www.hlcommission.org, (800) 621-7400
- Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 51% over five years.
|Herzing University||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||41 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||494 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||272 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||206 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- It is the mission of Herzing University to provide high-quality undergraduate and graduate degrees and diploma programs to prepare a diverse and geographically distributed student population to meet the needs of employers in technology, business, healthcare (including social work), design, and public safety. Career-oriented degree programs include a complementary and integrated general education curriculum established to stimulate students` intellectual growth, to contribute to their personal development, and to enhance their potential for career advancement.To educate, support, and empower all students for success in work, learning and engagement in our communities and global society.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Herzing University is National Institute of Massotherapy (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 43 students | 3.90 Mi3681 Manchester Rd.
Akron,  OH  44319
- 533 students | 6.90 Mi755 White Pond Dr., Suite 101
Akron,  OH  44320
- 526 students | 8.00 Mi2545 Bailey Road
Cuyahoga Falls,  OH  44221
- 80 students | 10.30 Mi3855 Fishcreek Rd
Stow,  OH  44224
- 72 students | 11.10 Mi225 Heritage Woods Dr
Akron,  OH  44321
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.