- The Akron Institute of Herzing University was established in 1970, and has been serving the students of Akron, Ohio and surrounding areas for over 40 years. The Akron Institute joined the Herzing family in 2003, after which it grew in program offerings, staff, and students to the point that the school moved to a larger building after only one year. The Akron Institute of Herzing University offers Bachelor's and Associate degrees and diplomas in business, healthcare, technology, and public safety. The Akron Institute provides flexible scheduling options, small class sizes, and accelerated degree programs so that students can earn a high quality education without sacrificing in other important areas of their lives. The Akron Institute of Herzing University is focused on more than the education of their students. They are career-focused, helping graduates prepare for jobs after graduation. In 2009, the Akron Institute of Herzing University had 90% of its graduates working in their field-of-study.
- Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 60614-1413, www.hlcommission.org, (800) 621-7400
- Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has grown by 37% over five years.
|Herzing University||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||37 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||478 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||255 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||223 students||284 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As a part of Herzing University, the Akron Institute is a university that lives by its student-first philosophy. Career-Focused, Convenient, and Caring is more than a mission statement. It is at the center of every business decision, new-hire, and new program. Herzing University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440). Akron Institute of Herzing University 1600 S. Arlington St., Suite 100 Akron, OH 44306 OH REG # 04-01-1704T
- College Location Mi. Students
- 43 students | 3.90 Mi3681 Manchester Rd.
Akron,  OH  44319
- 533 students | 6.90 Mi755 White Pond Dr., Suite 101
Akron,  OH  44320
- 526 students | 8.10 Mi2545 Bailey Road
Cuyahoga Falls,  OH  44221
- 80 students | 10.40 Mi3855 Fishcreek Rd
Stow,  OH  44224
- 72 students | 11.10 Mi225 Heritage Woods Dr
Akron,  OH  44321
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.