Herzing University Minneapolis
- Herzing University joined forces with two Minneapolis schools to form the Herzing University Minneapolis campus. The Minneapolis Drafting School Division was acquired in 2000, after nearly 40 years of serving the Minneapolis area. In 2002, the Lakeland Medical Dental Academy became a part of the Herzing University School system, making it what it is today.Herzing University offers programs in business, design, public safety, technology, and healthcare. The drafting and design program has gained a reputation for producing some of the top drafters in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas.
|Herzing University Minneapolis||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||328 students||1,302 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||295%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Herzing University operates according to its motto: Career-focused, convenient, and caring. They are a university committed to giving their students convenient education options so they are able to get a quality degree without sacrificing in other areas of their lives. They put their students first by offering one-on-one guidance throughout their time at the university and career guidance after they graduate.Herzing University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440).
- The nearest community college to Herzing University Minneapolis is Herzing University-Minneapolis (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 375 students | 0.00 Mi 435 Ford Road
Minneapolis,  MN  55426
- 7,409 students | 3.20 Mi9000 Brooklyn Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 7,384 students | 3.40 Mi7411 85th Ave N
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 243 students | 6.70 Mi300 North 1st Ave, Suite 500
Minneapolis,  MN  55401
- 1,070 students | 6.80 Mi818 Dunwoody Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55403
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.